meniere

Author Topic: 2nd gent injection  (Read 2011 times)

Sara

2nd gent injection
« on: Apr 06 2008, 06:49 PM »
Had my second gent injection on Tuesday - felt a bit dizzy Thursday and Friday, and had vertigo on Saturday - although not as bad as i usually get it - feel fine today- tinnitus is louder - how long is it until you know if it's worked.

When i went to the hospital my usual doctor was not there - at first the doctor said instead of having gentamicin i'm going to prescibe you a drug called betahistine - I got a bit annoyed to say the least (i've tried serc for 2 years with no effect) - this doctors oppinion was that gentamicin makes no difference at all -i told him to give it me anyway. My original doctor believes in gentamicin. - it's funny how when you see a different doctor you get completely different advice!

On a lighter note i read on the American site that cayenne pepper can cure you!!! Anyway i straight away put some in my apple juice - at first it just tasted like hot ginger beer - not too bad i thought, so gulped the lot down - it nearly blew my head off!!!! didn't work, mind you my cold seems to have gone.

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd gent injection
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06 2008, 06:54 PM »
Hope it's going to work for you Sara.  Take it easy on the cayenne though!

Chris
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

Offline nickiking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06 2008, 11:27 PM »
Hi Sara,

I'm having my first gent on weds, so not entirely sure how soon you can tell if it works. Hope it has worked for you, fingers crossed.

Made me laugh about the cayenne. The things we will try  ;D
Nicki

Lizzie

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07 2008, 03:29 PM »
Hi Sara and Nicki

The thing with Gentamicin is that you don't really know if it has worked straight away.  The only way you can measure the success of it, is if you don't experience any spins.  If you are going through an active phase where you would normally spin, and don't, then that is a good indication that it has worked. After my first injection, I had 8 super months, but I feel that was a remission period so the gentamicin wasn't really tested.  I have now had 3 injections - so fingers crossed.

I hope it works for both of you  :).
Liz

Offline sheilad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08 2008, 10:03 PM »
 ::)Hi sara i had my second gent injection last thurseday .The first one i had was 3 weeks ago and i was still dizzy when i went back to see my consultant .He gave me the second one then i didnt know i was  getting it. The second one has not had such a bad effect hope yours is ok .I have to go back in three weeks have had bad year up till now hope this works for you best wishes sheila

ManiloonySally

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09 2008, 05:46 PM »
I just wanted to say to you both having Gent, i really hope it works for you :)

Sally

Sara

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09 2008, 08:13 PM »
Hi, it's been over a week now since the 2nd gent - have felt ok ish the last few days - tinnitus is changeable - have the usual tinnitus then loud 'pings' as though the numskulls in my head are tuning a piano - also have the heavy head - maybe my brains got bigger with all this thinking! - have been thinking about going to a hypnotherapist to deal with the anxiety  - did anyone give it a try on here, i know some people were discussing it before.  Hope everyone else having the gent is doing well.
sara