Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 3183 times)

Yec

Tinnitus
« on: Aug 13 2003, 02:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know if tinnitus is affected by atmospheric pressure.  Mine has been so bad these last few weeks that I keep thinking that I can feel the resonance, which is a problem I have with lots of noises.  If not, what else might have upset it.   I've also got the bunged up feeling of pressure back in my ear. Horrible!!  My husband bought me radio headphones that I can wear round the house and that helps but any other suggestions gratefully received.  

I'm not supposed to have MD because my problems started too suddenly but I sometimes wonder???

Yvonne

Offline Gail

• View Profile
Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13 2003, 04:01 PM »
Hi Yvonne,

My tinnitus was bad, but I'm afraid it was a day before a vertigo attack, not sure if the weather does affect it.I have an ear in aide for my high frequency deafness, which when it's not really bad takes the edge off. :D

Gail

Offline Alec

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Tinnitus
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13 2003, 04:03 PM »
Hi Yec,
Yes, I too suffer from an increase of tinnitus when the pressure is high, I am also more light-headed, dizzy and the attacks are back again with a vengeance. :0( The fullness is up a bit too and of course the whole lot are connected. I tend to suffer more in the summer months because of this but not everyone does, some even feel better!
Alec (forum Moderator)

Whenever I hear the term, 'let's go for a spin', it makes me cringe.

Offline jan

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
tinnitus
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13 2003, 06:34 PM »
I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT MY TINNITUS HAS BEEN WORSE THE LAST FEW DAYS.     I  HAVE CONTINUOUS TINNITUS IN ONE EAR,AND MY OTHER EAR IS   ONLY AFFECTED JUST PRIOR TO AN ATTACK,AND A FEW DAYS AFTER.BUT THEY HAVE BOTH BEEN PERSISTENT FOR THE LAST 4DAYS.MY BALANCE HAS BEEN POOR AS WELL.  :oITS NICE TO READ EVERYBODYS COMMENTS ,IT MAKES YOU THINK ,YES THATS JUST HOW I FEEL,
keep smiling!!

Offline jackie

• View Profile
Tinnitus
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28 2003, 12:41 PM »
Hi there -
Prof Alec Salt has done a survey into the effects of weather and travel on MD symptoms - one conclusion was

"Weather changes seem to influence symptoms differently from the three forms of travel, with tinnitus and fullness representing the major problems and hearing changes being far less of a problem.

For all the above activities, the majority of respondents indicated that symptomatic changes occurred rapidly."

The link below has the full report if anyone is interested.

http://oto.wustl.edu/men/pressure/survatmos.htm
Best wishes
Jackie

Offline Alec

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Tinnitus
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30 2003, 04:23 PM »
Interesting reading again Jackie, you are a mind of information.  :D
Alec (forum Moderator)

Whenever I hear the term, 'let's go for a spin', it makes me cringe.