Author Topic: How to add photos?  (Read 4080 times)

Offline malone

• View Profile
How to add photos?
« on: Jul 14 2008, 01:36 PM »
Hi guys

I have some photos from the recent charity walk I did to raise money for the Menieres Society and because a lot of people from this Forum so kindly supported me and donated, I'd like to post some photos of the event on here but I can't work out how to post them on here. 

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
Miranda

NEWOSA65

Re: How to add photos?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14 2008, 09:55 PM »
Hi Miranda,

I might be able to help you out... click on Forum and do the usual procedure to start a new topic. (..you don't have to start a new topic, you could just click on Quote below any existing topics that you have posted).  If you then look below the text box you will see 'Additional Options'  Click on that and you will then be able to Browse your hard-drive and add on your pics ;)

Cheers M,

Simon x

Offline malone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15 2008, 09:22 AM »
Hi Simon

Thanks v much for the instructions but unfortunately for some reason I can't get it to work.  I've tried adding a few photos at a time and then just one on its own but it kept saying file too big.  Oh well, thanks anyway for taking the time to respond.   :)

Also, just noticed that at the bottom of everyone's posts it has "Report to Moderator" and then "Logged", but I've just noticed that my posts now have a very long number after this instead of the "Logged".  Any ideas why this is?  ???  It's not the number of people that have complained about me is it?  Have I done something wrong??  I hope not, and if I have it certainly wasn't intentional!!  :-[

Thanks

Miranda x

barbara

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15 2008, 01:31 PM »
Hi Miri,
The number instead of' logged' is on all our own posts. I cannot see it on yours but can on my own so don't worry about that.
It may be that we are not allowed to upload photo's. On the Yahoo site we put them in a special file and people go in and have a look. I think Alec or Scott will come back to you on this. You could send them a personal message and ask for guidance.
Barbara

Offline malone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15 2008, 01:43 PM »
Hi Barbara

Thanks for the reply, you've put my mind at rest... I thought I'd somehow managed to inadvertently offend 62,000-odd people!!  :D

Miranda
x

Offline Extremist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15 2008, 07:55 PM »
Your best bet is to upload the photos to a site such as flickr or photobucket, and then simply copy the url of each photo, press the insert image button when you reply to this thread and then paste in the url of each photo.

If you don't feel confident enough to do that, just create an account at http://www.flickr.com/ create a set and upload all your photos to it. People will then be able to browse on there.

ManiloonySally

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15 2008, 09:52 PM »
Testing LOL

ManiloonySally

« Reply #7 on: Jul 15 2008, 09:54 PM »
Well that worked apart from the red x at the bottom  ;D  i did that by copying and pasting a link from photobucket...  hope this helps  ;)

Sally x

Offline malone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 16 2008, 01:24 PM »
Thanks Extremist.  I'll give photobucket a go and see what happens.

Thanks Sally!  :)

That did make me laugh!  :D  I so wasn't expecting it and then Barry suddenly appeared!  I'm not such a huge fan as you but I did want to get the free Barry CD that was in the Mail on Sunday last weekend but I forgot!   :(   I'll give photobucket a go and let you know if it works.

I hope you're managing to keep a smile on your face...   :)

Thanks again,
Miranda
xx

Offline Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 17 2008, 10:51 PM »
The forum allows you to attach up to 4 pictures to each post but they can only be a maximum file size of 128kb. Most people that take pictures have their cameras set to take a large image. Large images can be many mb(megabytes) each and attaching them to the forum would take up all our storage space.

If you make a thread with images please title it to make it clear that your thread contains images.