Author Topic: 'New' cure for nausea?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Michael C

• View Profile
'New' cure for nausea?
« on: Aug 01 2008, 02:26 PM »
Hi to all

I have just seen an article introducing a new treatment for nausea using sound waves.  More information can be found on the site: http://www.nevasic.com/gll/

Has anyone heard of this, and is it worth trying?

Kind regards

Michael

barbara

Re: 'New' cure for nausea?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01 2008, 04:17 PM »
Hi Michael,
You pays your money and takes your chance!!!!!!!!!!!
At lease at 20 it is a one off loss.
Barbara

Offline gloverclare

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01 2008, 04:55 PM »
Hi Michael,
                 I'd certainly look into it a bit more before handing money over as, allthough it claims to "Deal with all types".....i'm not entirely convinced & am allways sceptical where these "wonder cures" & requests for money are involved!!  It says it's been tested by the NHS, so i'd at least ask your GP if they've heard of it & if they prescribe it at all?

Clare X

NEWOSA65

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01 2008, 09:05 PM »
Hi Michael,

I'm not sure what to think about this miracle solution for nausea.. presumably it fixes all nausea related problems eg not just inner ear nausea but nausea related to Chemo etc??  Well, from what i read it sounds very good and if they are using it on the NHS it must be effective?  I use buccastem to ease my nausea as Cinnarizine is useless!  Hope you are feeling okay since your latest setback?

Best wishes,

Simon

Offline Michael C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01 2008, 09:49 PM »
Hi Simon

I am feeling a lot better this week, thanks for asking ;D.  I have had an extremely stressful time at work over the last month, but I have a new strategy that I will try and stay calm in stressful situations.  This seems to be doing the trick, (well this week anyway).

I think I might risk 20 and see whether there is any improvement.  I can just see myself with headphones on at work looking pale and interesting.  They will probably put it down to a mid-life crisis!

I hope you are doing well and coping.

Take care mate :)

Kind regards

Michael

Offline KMM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02 2008, 06:50 AM »
Hi Michael

I am with Barbara on this one, a one off loss of 20 is perhaps doable, but I would be very disappointed if it didnt work. 

I have found my own little regimen that takes the worse of the nausea off, cammomile tea accompanied by a ginger biscuit, works for me.  For 20 that would be a fair few packs of GingerNuts ;)

Are you going to try this?  If so would welcome feedback Michael.

Good luck.

Best wishes
Karen x