meniere

Author Topic: MERITIN & OTHER INTERESTING STUFF ON MD :) !  (Read 4344 times)

Offline NEWOSA65

• View Profile
MERITIN & OTHER INTERESTING STUFF ON MD :) !
« on: Aug 02 2008, 12:56 AM »
Hi all, just been looking on net for anything that may help my symptoms!  Come across a product called Meritin.. anyone heard of it?? 

check it out at:

http://www.meritin.com/about.htm?gclid=CNb3_fPd7ZQCFQyN1QodJmZQqQ

Also thought i would include a few other interesting bits on MD!

Someone who cured himself: 

http://www.goldbaum.net/balance/

Acupuncture and MD:

http://www.dr-funk.com/index.php?page=Acupuncture&view=Menieres%20Disease

Natural Remedies for Menieres:

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/natural-supplements-cure-menieres-disease.asp

http://www.askdrshah.com/app/Menieres_disease.asp

http://successstories.bravehost.com/MATTSSTORY.html

http://www.thenewknowledge.com/?source=gomenieredisease

Migraine cure for women:

http://www.migraine-headaches-information.com/?gclid=CKP4trXp7ZQCFROI1Qod-hyCqg

Vertigo cures:

http://www.conquervertigo.com/2/vertigo-cures.html

http://www.click2houston.com/health/3880789/detail.html

Any views on above??  The Meritin and acupuncture sound good i thought?

Simon

Moderator/Owner of mduk

Offline KMM

• View Profile
Re: MERITIN & OTHER INTERESTING STUFF ON MD :) !
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02 2008, 06:45 AM »
Hi Simon

Thanks for posting up these links.

Personally, I would not touch any of these with a barge poll, I have fast learnt to become sceptical on some of these claimed wonder drugs, that usually attract a nice fee!  The Meritin seems herbal based, again I advise caution, just because it is herbal, does not mean it is any less potent than say conventional drugs, in fact, my Nephrologist (for kidneys) warned me off popping herbal cures, unless he checked it out first because of the nephtoxic effect it could have on my renal system.

Acupuncture I dont have so much of a problem with personally, I have had it for lower back treatment, it did nothing to cure my back, but did make me feel very relaxed for a good few hours after which was nice.

I am mindful that at some point I think we all become so desperate for respite from our symptoms we look anywhere for help, but I work on the premise if they were that good the NHS would have heard of it, and be using it surely?

I guess one has to make their own individual choices, but I work on if it is to good to be true, then it probably is.  I'd save my money to be honest.

Best wishes

Karen

Offline NEWOSA65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02 2008, 12:24 PM »
Hi Karen,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm not sure about the Meritin but i know what you mean about certain herbs being potentially toxic.  This company however does a large variety of other products for various other ailments, even one for voicebox nodules which a friend of mine is thinking of trying very soon.  Not sure how long they've been around but all their products are supposed to be safe with a money back guarantee should it not work.  Regarding the acupuncture, well that depends on who sticks the needles in!  I have cousin who had frozen shoulders and he had seen at least 2 acupuncturists and he didn't benefit one bit.  However, he tried one in Weybridge, Surrey and she 'fixed' his shouders in just 2 sessions.  Apparantly she didn't do what most other acupuncturists do.. just stick needles in acupuncture points(!),  she located the myofascial restrictions (.. or knots) and worked on them with the needles and he had almost instant relief and ROM.  So for acupuncture it does depend on who we see i think.

As for the natural remedies i'm still interested of taking a powerful Vit/Min (..not the type that you buy at Tesco or Boots Pharmacy!) tablet and some added high strength immune-boosters too, because when i took these tablets a couple of years ago my MD wasn't bad at all so it does make me wonder.  Reason i stopped the Vit/Min tablet was because i wasn't able to get hold of that particular tablet anymore and with that, stopped the immune-boosters too.  They didn't come cheap though but i'm sure they benefitted me. ( The majority of Vit/Min tablets that we buy do not even make it to the bloodstream and so do not benefit one bit. )

Simon

Moderator/Owner of mduk

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02 2008, 02:16 PM »
I'm not sure about the meritin Simon and I'm not convinced by the testimonials on the website - they are so general they could relate to anything or just be made up.  The composition looks to be a mixture of substances used in homeopathy. I think I would be tempted to see a qualified homeopath and see what they would recommend for MD and whether it's at all close to this mixture.  The problem is that I don't really believe there's any quick fix out there for MD since there is nothing that can reverse the damage and it's a complex disease.  One could be tempted to think something works when in reality MD is just going through a less active phase. 

Hope you're feeling a bit better Simon.

Chris x
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

Offline NEWOSA65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05 2008, 12:09 AM »
Hi Christina,

Your quite right about the Meritin.. there's very little in the way of testimonials and in any case, if there were a dozen testimonials i probably still wouldn't believe a word!  Having said that maybe this product is effective  (.. and a few other products as far as that goes), its just that its always so costly to find out and i never feel particularly easy taking products that i know nothing about.  Oh well, i thought i would give it a mention along with a few other bits and bobs.. all of which are probably useless and probably all of which have already been seen by people on the forum.

I'm feeling a bit better than i was but still having a fair amount of dizziness and still the odd spin attack.  I doubt if i'll ever be free of this problem as no matter what procedure i have, my ear seems to have this way of 'winning' the battle everytime... its just unrelentless really and soul destroying! 

Thanks for your post Chris.. always good to hear from you.  Also hope that things have improved for you a little recently  :)

Take care,

Simon xx

Moderator/Owner of mduk

barbara

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05 2008, 07:38 AM »
Hi Simon,
I have to agree with Christina here. I wouldn't touch any of these. We struggle to manage financially anyway so blowing money on the off chance we cannot afford.
I don't think any of us will ever be totally free of the problems of MD. Even after the labyrinthectomy, which I would have done again tomorrow, I still have after effects but I am just pleased that I no longer spin. The other day I was at my GP's and he saw me balance myself by holding on to a wall. He immediately asked about my balance. These people think it is a cut and dried process. You have the problem, you get treatment, you are 100% but WE all know that is not the case.  What we have to do is fight to get as well as we can and then accept that our glass is only half full. I am a positive person and my glass will never be half empty. I will make the most of what I can do and try to forget about what I can no longer do. I have not driven for 12 years now and still mourn the passing of my spontaneous mobility but on the brighter side I do not miss the service bills, the road tax or the cost of petrol. Having had to stop driving made me elligible for a bus pass  at the age of 50 so with what is now free travel and a taxi on special occaissions I am able to enjoy life better than I could 12 years ago.
We are all different and I was lucky in being able to have a labyrinthectomy and I know that does not help others who are still trying to get through this and find their new life. I still 'chase rainbows' as my GP keeps telling me and I will continue to do so.
What I am trying to say is don't give up HOPE  and I hope you soon feel better.

Barbara

Offline NICK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11 2008, 09:46 AM »
MY NAMES NICK, I HAVE JUST REGISTERED, I SAW THIS PRODUCT ON THE INTERNET SOMETIME AGO, I TOOK THE DETAILS TO A LOCAL HOMEOPATHIC DOCTOR I KNOW, WHO SOURCED A LOCAL COMPANY TO SUPPLY ME WITH THE PRODUCT (LESS EXPENSIVE)  AFTER THE COURSE AND
HAND ON HEART, I REALLY CANNOT ADVISE IF THE PRODUCT WAS HELPFUL WITH MY CONDITION ( STAGE 2 MENEIRES )
AS THE PRODUCT IS HOMEOPATHIC, CANT SEE WHAT HARM IT CAN DO TO TRY.
I WILL PROBABLY GIVE IT ANOTHER GO SOMETIME.
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT YOGA MAY HELP MY CONDITION, ANY THOUGHTS OR EXPERIENCES.

Offline alybren

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12 2008, 10:09 AM »
Hi Nick

I am quite new to this website too.
I find that yoga helps with balance. It generally makes you feel great after a class, sort of focussed and calm, in mind and body. Yoga can only do you good. It won't cure Meniere's (does anything?!) but I would recommend it to you all, but you need to find a good teacher.

However I still get wobbly now and then and am very clumsy! Also constantly tired, muzzy, confused etc, etc..

Must check out Meritin - my daughter studied homeopathy....

Best regards to everybody.

Aly
Aly

Offline NICK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12 2008, 02:42 PM »
HEY ALY,

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING YOGA, I WILL CERTAINLY LOOK INTO THIS AS I AM GOING ON HOLIDAY ABROAD NEXT WEEK AND FEEL APPRIHENSIVE ABOUT IT , GET VERY STRESSED OUT. MAKING MY CONDITION WORSE.
HOPE YOU ALL GET USED TO MY TERRIBLE SPELLING.

SPEEK AGAIN

NICK.