Author Topic: Thunderstorm  (Read 1572 times)

Offline malone

• View Profile
Thunderstorm
« on: Aug 07 2008, 01:29 PM »
Hi everyone

Don't suppose anyone living in Essex heard that massive thunderstorm last night?  If so, did you find it had any effect on your ears?

Only asking because I went to bed feeling ok last night but woke up later with a horrible pressure change feeling going on inside my head and ears, and felt sick and sweaty.  I noticed the lightening then heard the thunder.  I lay there feeling absolutely awful but then the storm went quiet for a bit and I suddenly felt better.  A while later I started to feel the same pressure and sickness again and I thought it's going to thunder again any minute... and it did!  When the storm eventually went away for good, I felt well again. 

Really weird as I've never had that before so I'm guessing it's to do with my ear problem?  I've become a human barometer!  :)

Take care,
Miranda
x

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderstorm
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07 2008, 01:31 PM »
Hi Miri

Thunderstorms have always affected the feeling of pressure in my head and I usually get a headache too before a storm.

Weather affects all sorts of conditions doesn't it?

Chris x
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

Offline gloverclare

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07 2008, 03:25 PM »
HI,
     My ears allways play me up when the weather takes a cold dip, weird i know, but it allways happens!. Clare X

pink

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07 2008, 03:32 PM »
yes it has a massive affect on my ear pressure to I have had a headache and felt dizzy today and yesterday it is very strange isnt it  take care
pinkl

Offline chrissie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07 2008, 04:56 PM »
Yes same thing happens to me, think it is the change in air pressure. I have had terrible pressure in my head since the weather got very heavy and muggy and can always tell when there is going to be stormy weather, as you say we are human barometers perhaps we should market ourselves....
chrissie

Offline KMM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07 2008, 05:34 PM »
Hi Miri

Yes as you know am in Essex, and did hear (and see the lightening) the thunderstorm last night, about 2 am here, I just turned up my MP3 and managed to sleep through it mostly.

However today, we have had awful thunderstorms, very muggy, and the torrential downpours have not improved things, step outside and get eaten by those awful thunderflies!

I have for the first time in a while, got the fullness back in both sides of my ears, and with it, the old feeling of dizziness and nausea, and the most cracking headache which paracetamol will not shift, no problems with vision today, so that has to be something.

Chrissie you made me smile, human barometers, you just may have stumbled upon something, make sure you patent your idea quick  :D

Hope those of you suffering today, feel better soon.

Best wishes

Karen x

Offline wootywoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10 2008, 03:56 PM »
Hi all, we also had storms here in sussex, 2 hours of the most amazing lightning i've ever seen, and with it my biggest attack since last year, this one really threw me, as always i have no idea what really brought it on but i know the air pressure plummeted that night and it's still going up and down, i'm also still very spinny and dizzy with a lot of ear pressure. Thankfully no really intense ear pain though, i haven't had that since the diuretic kicked in. Had lots of vision problems with this one though xx