meniere

Author Topic: ~~ESPECIALLY FOR TONY ~~  (Read 2951 times)

ManiloonySally

~~ESPECIALLY FOR TONY ~~
« on: Dec 12 2008, 09:05 AM »
Hi Tony,

Just seen your message  ;D  i did actually manage to wobble my way around the 02 and the MEN Manchester with a lot of help, but just for you as i know you like Barry but are just in denial  :D :D

Sally  ;D

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ESPECIALLY FOR TONY ~~
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12 2008, 10:21 AM »
Hi Sally,

I saw him on Strictly Come Dancing last week, I don't mean to be rude, because I know you really like him - but I thought he looked sort of plastic!  Has he had surgery?

Chris x
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

Offline jan

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12 2008, 10:34 AM »
hi chris,i would definetly say a bit of botox at least!!!hes still got a fantastic voice
                        jan
keep smiling!!

ManiloonySally

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12 2008, 05:09 PM »
Hi Chris and Jan,

Yes i think he had a face lift a while back and definitely at one time went OTT with botox, i actually think he looks like he may have had cheek implants but that could be because he has recently lost so much weight so his face is thinner.  I do think at one time he spoilt himself with the surgery, but have to say as Jan said, he was amazing, his voice was outstanding and the concert was the best ever, he is a fabulous musician even if he does wear more makeup than me, just sooo happy i managed to get there ;)

Sally x

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14 2008, 10:57 AM »
Wow Sally I'm sooo jealous  ;D.I saw him back in the 80s and he was fab.I'd love to go again - glad you managed it .Can In ask how your ears coped with the sound and business of the place as that's the bit that worries me and is what's stopping me from going to concerts again  ::)
Elaine xx

ManiloonySally

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14 2008, 11:43 AM »
Hi Elaine,

That bothered me too.  To be honest both nights i had front row seats, as i knew i couldn't cope with being closed in so to speak.  The 02 in London was great, although to walk down to the floor the steps where so steep and it took ages clinging on to the person that took me and at one stage i did say i can't get down!!  Once down and at the front i was ok and at the end could just walk out from the front, very airy and spacious, however the MEN in Manchester was a different story, older crowded closed in cramped queues to get in and out, blocked off roads so impossible to get a taxi, i hated it and would not go there again, plus as i had done so much in 4 days with my daughters 8th Birthday inbetween the 2 concerts, i wasn't feeling so great at Manchester, have to say towards the end, the person that took me had to help me stand as everyone was up and dancing nearly the whole time.  I found it very hard the second time, and did suffer awful vertigo in the hotel room and at breakfast the next morning i simply sat and spun!  Felt awful and the journey home i felt bad and have to be honest it finished me off for the rest of the week.  I would do a concert again, but i wouldn't do 2 in 4 days in different parts of the country, even though i felt unwell the second time, i'm very glad i actually made it :)

Sally x

Offline Extremist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14 2008, 11:06 PM »
Congrats, I'm glad you managed to do something you enjoy :)

Offline jan

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15 2008, 04:43 AM »
hi sally,im really pleased you managed to go.my sons girlfriend and her mum went to the 02 on  the saturday night to see him too.they said he was brill.
    i used to go to concerts all the time,but im not good in the dark.i will try again thou soon.
 well done to you!!
             jan
keep smiling!!

Offline Gibson335

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17 2008, 09:04 AM »
Sally

So glad you went and enjoyed yourself.  I've seen some of my favourite bands over the past 2-3 years and, whilst it's taken a bit out of me, would never let this illness prevent me from going unless I was flat on my back.

Great photos.  I take it you had to use a wide-angle lense to get his nose in!!!

;D

Take care.
I intend to live forever...so far so good.

Offline jon

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
    • HNPP UK temp page
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17 2008, 11:42 AM »
 ;D  teeheehee... wide-angled lens...  :D :D

Glad you had a good time Sally, can't say it would be my choice... actually I went to London last weekend, to see the Oysterband's 30th anniversary concert. Had a great time... only problem was negotiating the Tube... what a nightmare place that is... escalators from hell... movement galore... people pushing and rushing... ewww.. felt quite queasy and vertiginous... thankfully I had my partner to guide me through the mire...

Tinnitus and deafness left ear 1981 onwards.
Diagnosed with meniere's in 1993.
Retired from work 1995.
HNPP - Hereditary Neuropathy with Pressure Palsy

ManiloonySally

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18 2008, 01:14 PM »
wide angled lense  :D  ;D  :D you lot are so mean!!   ;D  Thanks for the messages, i am sooo glad i made it even though it made me feel bad for a week, i'll happily spin for Barry  ;D

Sally