meniere

Author Topic: vit D for MS  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Daisy

• View Profile
vit D for MS
« on: Nov 24 2009, 09:53 AM »
Chris did you see the article in the health section of one of the supplements in the Mail on sunday about Vit D - the missing link for multiple sclerosis suffers? It was really interesting, let me know if you didn't and I will somehow EMail it to you.

Daisyxx

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: vit D for MS
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24 2009, 10:00 AM »
Thanks Daisy, no I didn't see it.

It is thought that the lack of Vit D may predispose some people to MS, which is why it's more prevalent in the northern hemisphere where we get less sunshine.  Mind you they say it's to do with lack of Vit D as a child and I'm not convinced that taking Vit D once you already have the disease will  make much difference.  There is a campaign in Scotland asking the govt to prescribe free Vitamin D for youngsters because the rate of MS in Scotland is so high.  I gave my children multivits for years so I'm hoping they've avoided that as a potential trigger. 

There are a few theories around what causes MS - no-one is absolutely definite about any of them. 

I would like to read the article if you can find a way to email it Daisy and thank you so much for thinking of me, it's very kind.

Chris xx
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

Offline Daisy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24 2009, 10:40 AM »
Hi Chris,
I just found the report in google. Think I typed in 'Daily mail report on vit D the missing link for multiple sclerosis sufferers'
Daisy x

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24 2009, 10:59 AM »
Haha, like the title - I often feel like I've got a link missing!!

Chris x
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...