meniere

Author Topic: ESA limited capability for work questionnaire  (Read 9538 times)

Offline Daisy

• View Profile
ESA limited capability for work questionnaire
« on: Mar 01 2010, 04:37 PM »
Hi there,
Just received  ESA claims form to fill in and was wondering if anyone has been accepted for the incapability part of ESA just on the strength of their claims form, without having to go for the medical?Looking through the questions they don't seem to be very relavant to our condition/s. Would appreciate any advice from anyone who has completed this and been successful.
Thanks

SHARON

Re: ESA limited capability for work questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01 2010, 05:41 PM »
Hi Daisy
I think it unlikely that you will get ESA without the medical.
All I can suggest is that you keep stressing on the form, how Menieres affects you on a day to day basis. It will seem as though you are constantly repeating yourself but that's OK.
I have had two medicals.  I scored more than the 15 points required on the first but was assessed as having limited capability for work. The second was to see what type of work I could do and the outcome was that they suggested I work from home as that was the only viable option!!
Unfortunately I only worked part time....and although I qualify for ESA on medical grounds I don't qualify for the contributions based ESA as I have not made enough NI contributions. I also don't qualify for the means tested ESA as my husband works and we have savings.
All I get is my stamp paid towards my old age pension  :'( :'(
When I last spoke to them I asked if I would qualify for jobseekers allowance instead and was told quite snottily that I would need to prove I was actively seeking work (from home??). So I gave up!!
As far as the actual medicals went, I had mine done at home because I lived too far from the testing centre.
On both occasions the GP's were very nice and sympathetic. They understood the implications of having menieres and the effect it has on you work wise.
If you want any help with the form PM me.
Good luck!!
Sharon

Offline Daisy

• View Profile
Re: ESA limited capability for work questionnaire
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03 2010, 09:14 AM »
Thanks Sharon.
Just got aletter for an appointment for a pathways to work interview. Honestly they are relentless aren't they specially when I have  a job but just not well enough to go.They will be wheeling us into work on our beds next. Also had to suffer  an hour long visit to the occupational health dr. yesterday.He spent half the time not listening to me just saying yes yes yes and uh huh uh huh while he read through his notes and then at the end has come up with the brilliant diagnosis that my vertigo is caused by post tramatic stess following my operation a year ago!!! I looked up the symptoms for it when I got home and I've got none of them!
Just hope the jobcentre people are better.
Daisy