Author Topic: Kallo organic Vegetable Stock Cubes  (Read 3358 times)

Kath

Kallo organic Vegetable Stock Cubes
« on: Jun 06 2010, 08:19 PM »
Just thought I would let others know about this product that I found in my local Co-op yesterday. Haven't seen it before. It's  Kallo Organic VERY LOW SALT Vegetable stock cube. Also says that they are gluten and dairy free and no artificial additives. Sodium is 0.03g per 100ml of stock. Let's hope they don't taste like soap!  K

Offline Susie

• View Profile
Re: Kallo organic Vegetable Stock Cubes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06 2010, 08:23 PM »
Hi Kath,
They are actually not to bad,or maybe my taste buds are going the same road as my ears..... :doh:
Susie.
"Some mornings... it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps"

Offline hayley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08 2010, 05:01 PM »
Hi Kath, thanks im off to my local co-op,to test and try..lol..
Take care x x
Hayley :)

Offline shell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08 2010, 05:36 PM »
been using them ever since diagnosis, the taste ok

Kath

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08 2010, 07:35 PM »
erm, just tried them (with lentils and pasta), bit bland but not unpalatable. Would have prefered pizza and chips.  :D

NEWOSA65

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08 2010, 11:30 PM »
Hi Kath,

The cubes that you talk of are very useful for making soups etc as they are very low in salt.  I used to buy them from Holland & Barratt but also from Sainsburys Sava Centre in Tooting.  Haven't had any for a while but i do recommend them for a low salt diet.  I used to count every grain of salt in those days BUT still suffered with 3-4 big vertigo attacks as the disease progressed!  Thing is is that Menieres is a disease that results from excess fluid in the inner ear but even when one reduces ones salt intake to unhealthy levels and take regular high doses of diuretics alongside the low salt diet, it still does not offer any guarantee in controlling the excess amount of fluid within the inner ear as this is triggered by some internal fault inside the ear.  Mr Brookes told me that the low salt diet is a complete waste of time and does very very little in controlling Menieres!  When i look back i went without essential good foods, for nothing!  And i don't mean really salty and unhealthy foods like Bacon and sausages - i mean more healthy foods that i should have definately included but took the low salt advice to a ridiculous extreme!

I hope however that since you have been on the low salt diet that you have noticed a significant improvement in your symptoms..

Take care as always :)

Simon x

Kath

« Reply #6 on: Jun 09 2010, 11:50 AM »
Thanks Simon. I tend to take the approach of erring on the side of caution where salt is concerned, and try to avoid the obviously salty things and cut out all processed stuff which has a lot of hidden salt. I have yet to find what my trigger is! I dream!  take care yourself also, Kx

Offline shell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 09 2010, 01:38 PM »
found a great side effect to this diet
because ive cut out most processed stuff and making your own bread makes you eat less of it, ive lost over a stone since starting the diet