Author Topic: Quick update..  (Read 2209 times)

ManiloonySally

Quick update..
« on: Jun 29 2010, 11:54 AM »
Just wanted to let you all know, we had the news last night, my Stepfather has 6 months maximum so i won't be around as much.  He is 66 my Mom is 76 so i need to spend as much time with them both, and my Mom especially is going to need me.  I am struggling so much with MD with no let up, so think i'll be starting a regime of very early nights to keep me going. 

Also wanted to say welcome to all the new members too.

Sally xx

barbara

Re: Quick update..
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29 2010, 12:03 PM »
Hi Sally,
My thoughts and prayers are with all your familly.
Barbara x

Offline marie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29 2010, 12:08 PM »
Im sorry to hear the bad news Sally , my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ..in all this please dont forget to look after yourself too..

Kath

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29 2010, 12:30 PM »
Sorry to hear your sad news Sally. I know from my recent experience with my dad how much stress can wrack up the symptoms so do try to look after yourself as best you can in the coming weeks and months. All the best, be thinking of you, Kathx

Offline Diablo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29 2010, 12:58 PM »
Hi Sally.
My thoughts are with you too.
My mum was in hospital this time last year, quite seriously ill, and we thought that her time had come. She was very depressed, almost to the point of giving up. The doctors were unwilling to operate on her bowel problem because she was 93 years old and they doubted she would survive the anaesthetic. They told us to expect the worst.

But we all rallied round her in hospital - I think she had more visitors than all the others in the ward put together. I am sure this gave her the hope and determination to pull through. She got over it without an operation, and over a period of months got her strength back.

One month after she came back home, my Meniere's flared up again after a break of a year or so - I'm sure the anxiety set it off. My brother-in-law Malcolm had also been diagnosed with stomach cancer, 2009 was one of those years for us.

These things make you aware of the real priorities in life, don't they? Look after your stepdad, and your mum, but don't forget to look after yourself as well.

Kind regards to you and yours,
Steve.

Offline desperatehousewife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29 2010, 01:24 PM »
Sally such sad news, thoughts are with you xxxxx

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29 2010, 04:15 PM »
Really sorry to hear that news Sally.  Look in on us when you feel able to, don't forget we'll miss you but I do understand your need to support your Mum through this difficult time. 

As the others have said, try to look after yourself - easier said than done, I know.

Take care hun.

Chris xxx
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

SHARON

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29 2010, 05:09 PM »
Sad new Sally....I know it was on the cards but it still hits you for six when it actually happens.
You and your mum take care of each other.
Sharon xx

Offline jmurr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29 2010, 05:13 PM »
so sorry to hear you are having to cope with all this Sally. You are right to focus your time on your mum and step dad at the moment, but I hope you will take care of yourself as best you can through it too.
Thinking of you,
Joanne x

Offline Susie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29 2010, 07:43 PM »
Hi Sally
So so sorry to hear the news of your step fathers prognosis.
As the other have said,look after your Mum and step dad,but remember to look after yourself as well.
Keep in touch as and when you can with us and know we are all sending you good health and positivity.
Susie.X
"Some mornings... it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps"

Offline kath.d

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 30 2010, 01:21 PM »
Hi Sally
Really sorry to hear your news, must be really hard for you at the moment. Look after your mum....but please, please remember to look after yourself too.

take good care

Kath xx

Offline hayley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 03 2010, 12:44 PM »
Hi Sally, so sorry to hear your news,my thoughts and prayers are with you all...
All my love
Take care x x

Offline Gibson335

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 07 2010, 12:49 PM »
Sally

So sorry to hear your bad news.  Take care of yourself.

Tony
I intend to live forever...so far so good.

ManiloonySally

« Reply #13 on: Jul 07 2010, 03:06 PM »
Thank you all, but am going mad as Niamh has been unwell with a nasty virus, so i'm not allowed round, so cannot do anything at the moment, i really need Niamh to get better, so i can get back there ASAP!

Sally x