meniere

Author Topic: Made it!!  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Made it!!
« on: Jul 07 2010, 11:24 AM »
Managed to get to my daughter's graduation in Bath Abbey yesterday, despite a few worries and hiccups along the way!  I've been very disorientated for several weeks now and have had a few horrible spins too, so was a bit apprehensive to say the least.  But it was OK, despite my balance being rubbish and trying to totter about in 2" heels on a field - not to be recommended lol!!  I was 4 rows away from the front at the Abbey too and it crossed my mind that if I needed to be taken out, everyone would get a great view!  Luckily that didn't happen.

Completely cream crackered last night and today but that's to be expected and worth it to be there.  I tried to manage the fatigue factor by staying overnight in an hotel the night before and I'm glad I did, not so much stress and rushing about in the morning.

Thanks to all my Facebook friends who sent good wishes and lovely comments on the photos.

Chris xx
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

barbara

Re: Made it!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07 2010, 11:32 AM »
Your very welcome Chris and glad to hear it all went well.
(nearly put spinningly there :-[)
LOL

Barbara x

SHARON

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07 2010, 11:35 AM »
I've just been looking at the photo's Chris and they were lovely. (nice dress!!)
So glad you were able to enjoy the day. Time to take things easy for a while now though!

Sharon xx
(ps.....Do you realise that you've put July 2009 !!)

Offline marie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07 2010, 11:41 AM »
glad everything went well Chris for you .. how do you manage to go around on the 2 inch heels amazes me :D

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07 2010, 11:46 AM »
Good question Marie!  They are definitely chunky heels, not stilettos and I take flat shoes in case I can't stand it any longer.  Yesterday was a lot of standing around leaning on my stick and all my weight goes onto my left side - courtesy of MS - so my left foot went completely numb.  I took my shoes off in Bath Abbey (and I wasn't the only one) during the ceremony.  I wear heels maybe twice a year but it's hard work. 

Chris x

Offline Gibson335

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07 2010, 12:48 PM »
Well done, Chris.  I still have fond memories of my daughter's graduation day 2 years ago.  Very happy for you that you managed to get there.

Tony
I intend to live forever...so far so good.

Offline potters whirl

• vis unita fortior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07 2010, 01:58 PM »

Well done you. I know we are all at different degrees of mobility and general well being but I think these kind of formal events are the most nerve wracking of all. My recent glastonbury trip went very well and for that I am very grateful, and reasonably proud, but the real truth of the situation is that whilst there are a lot of hazards and disorientating things going on there are actually few better places to get wobbly. Everybody is in such a good place and would be so helpful. Also a wobbly person is really not going to stand out amongst the madness. At formal events like graduations it is the fear of ballsing it all up for everyone that grips me.

Anyway well done Chris and congratulations to your daughter.
PW

x
mostly, you'll find me doing exactly what I shouldn't be

Offline hayley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07 2010, 02:24 PM »
A big welll done to you and your daughter..your pics are lovely you must feel so proud,it clearly shows with your great smile,and it gave me a lovely thought when i look at my girls..
all my love Take care
Hayley :) x x

ManiloonySally

« Reply #8 on: Jul 07 2010, 03:04 PM »
Chris,

I'm glad you managed it and you and Sophie look gorgeous, she is so much like you!  I don't think i'd dare risk the heels, you are brave there!!  If i go anywhere a way from home, i also find it easier to stay in an Hotel, it definitely helps.. Mr Manilow is due back here next May, i already have my tickets and will have to get to the 02 in London, don't want to even think yet about how i will be, but fingers crossed i'll do it, although i already have the Hotel booked too!  I may try some heels but only for Barry LOL.

So pleased you did it Chris and congratulations to Sophie also, and thinking of you tomorrow too :)

Take care

Sally x

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07 2010, 03:15 PM »
Barry Manilow in London Sally - that's truly brave!!   ;)8) It's a long way off - lots can change and I so wish you will be well enough to get there.

Chris x

Kath

« Reply #10 on: Jul 07 2010, 05:55 PM »
Glad you got through it all Chris. You must a very proud Mum and she got a first didn't she I think I picked up from a previous post. Wow! I feel a big sense of victory when I've managed to do something significant (like drive somewhere on my own) so I guess you must be feeling rather happy, if not a little knackered. kx

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 07 2010, 07:28 PM »
Thanks Kath, Sally, Hayley, Sharon, PW, Barbara, Marie and Tony.  It was a lovely day and the weather was fine and sunny, not like today. 

Off now to half watch the football!  I shall be glad when the World Cup's over now.

Chris x