Author Topic: 2 appointments??????  (Read 1768 times)

Offline lollipop

• View Profile
2 appointments??????
« on: Aug 06 2010, 09:52 AM »
Hi

Hope you are all ok today and not feeling to yuck. I was just wondering if any one has any ideas why I have 2 appointments together, is this usual? I rang the hospital thinking it was a mistake but they said no. I have an appointment in two weeks on monday, normally i would then have another one 3-6 months later but I have got another one for the 22nd September, I was a little concerned as I am not sure what the consultants plans are. Does this happen when they are planning on any tests or such like? silly question I know but I start a new job September (teaching assistant and caring for children with disabilities) I was really excited about this but reluctant to ask for time off already to attend the 2nd appointment. They don't like to say over the phone. My mri was normal so it can't be to do with that. I thought maybe others may have had appointments in succession and maybe able to enlighten me. Cheerio for now and thanks for all your kind support. It's wonderful you give time to others while feeling horrible. :)

barbara

Re: 2 appointments??????
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06 2010, 10:01 AM »
Hi Lollipop,
Is the first appointment for some tests, caloric perhaps. The second could be to review the results of that.
Unusual though. Perhaps you could re-arrange the September appointment, nearer the time, into October and try and hit half term. That would give you chance to settle into the new job.
Barbara x

Offline lollipop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06 2010, 10:05 AM »
Yes, I thought it was strange. As far as I am aware the first appointment is just a general check on how I have been doing, tablets etc. I haven't seen him since April and he hasn't mentioned tests. Maybe thats next.

barbara

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06 2010, 10:14 AM »
Hi Lollipop,
In that case see him in a fortnight and take it from there. At least you know you will see him again soon after but suspect they will cancel the second appointment themselves :-\

Barbara x

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06 2010, 10:59 AM »
I agree, go to the first appt and ask him what the second one is all about.   

Chris x
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

SHARON

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06 2010, 03:47 PM »
Lollipop
For my regular ENT reviews I ALWAYS get given two seperate appts. The first one is with the audiologist and the second is with the consultant.... usually about 30 minutes later...when he's had a chance to look at the results of my hearing tests.

Your hospital sounds as though it has the same system as mine

Sharon

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 06 2010, 05:34 PM »
I used to get the same Sharon - an appt for hearing tests followed by a consultant appt on the same day.  Maybe they're just separating yours out Lollipop and the first one is for hearing tests.

Chris x
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

Offline lollipop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 06 2010, 06:17 PM »
Thanks for your input

When I have been for previous appointments they have carried out hearing and consultation after each other, so don't think it's that. But never mind I will find out soon enough. It probably is an admin error. :)

Offline hayley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 09 2010, 05:12 PM »
Hi lollipop, When i had my first diagnoses i was the same appointments here there and everywhere,i always wrote down questions and took my diary of md with me,They are thorough as to rule out anything sinister then when they are left with what we say they put it down to md.Try not to worry too much as what tey are doing is making sure a correct diagnosis is given,there are quite olot of illnesses that can be similar,i.e blood preesure,diabetes, mav.
Its when you have a confimed diagnoses through certain tests that you start finding it difficult to see your consultant when you need to see them...
My thoughts are with you,good luck hun  :)
Take care x x
Hayley