Author Topic: Sugar Puffs  (Read 3024 times)

Offline jeannette

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Sugar Puffs
« on: Mar 29 2011, 11:15 PM »
No sodium in Sugar Puffs.   And I'm becoming addicted to old-fashioned roasted peanuts in the shell.   No salt.   And quite healthy, I hope.   Jeannette.

NEWOSA65

Re: Sugar Puffs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30 2011, 09:48 AM »
Hi, yes, some of the breakfast cereals are salt free.  However in my case, none of these products do me any favours.  If i were to eat a bowl of porridge oats i would within 24 hours have symptoms of MD... likewise if i had a pint of milk!  It is guaranteed to happen everytime and i have proved it over and over the years.  The rolled oats would initially cause a severe migraine and then i would start and feel the Menieres pressure and tinnitus in my ear.  Obviously in my case, neither Wheat (or any other grain that contains gluten) along with dairy, agrees with me.  I can digest it fine but obviously my body is not happy with the proteins gluten or casein/whey!  I think that over time with this illness we do learn what we can and cannot eat though?  I think that my MD was initially triggered by migraines, which in turn were triggered by food intolerance.  S x

Offline jeannette

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30 2011, 12:07 PM »
If it weren't so horrible, it would be fascinating, learning about the different things that set people off.  (Our new rescue dog - who spent over six months in RSPCA kennels, and is a complete sweetheart - got hold of the remnants of my Sugar Puffs yesterday.   She has very severe skin problems, which may be allergic, so is on a strict diet.   So far, so good - I shall have to be more careful.)   Jeannette

Offline shell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01 2011, 08:38 AM »
my dog prefers lasagne, made 6 portions veggie and 6 meaty to freeze, the dog pinched all the meaty ones,
must learn to shut the kitchen door when im cooling stuff!

Offline jeannette

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01 2011, 12:57 PM »
Aren't dogs wonderful?!   This little girl just loves cuddling up, which is very healing.   In fact, forget all the drugs and diets and injections - as much cuddling (in general) as we can get.   
Jeannette

Offline shell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01 2011, 09:13 PM »
i agree its a great healer, well we all know stress sets us off so cuddles should be good for us