Author Topic: LOW SALT FOOD / COOKERY / RECIPE BOOKS  (Read 2602 times)

S x

LOW SALT FOOD / COOKERY / RECIPE BOOKS
« on: Mar 30 2004, 12:43 PM »
Hello All

Does anyone know the title / author of any useful low salt food / cookery / recipe books which are produced in either Great Britain or the UK?

I am struggling with the ones I have because they are all American and some of the food stuffs mentioned are not readily available here.

Having just been on sick leave for three weeks from work with a pretty bad run of vertigo attacks I am now feeling much better and feel like hitting the kitchen again.

Keep well everyone.

S x

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
LOW SALT FOOD / COOKERY / RECIPE BOOKS
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30 2004, 01:04 PM »
Hi

I would suggest you look at the Amazon Uk website.  There are loads of low salt titles listed there but it's hard to know which are American and which not.  
Good luck
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

Offline David P

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Re: LOW SALT FOOD / COOKERY / RECIPE BOOKS
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29 2011, 07:55 PM »
Hello All

Does anyone know the title / author of any useful low salt food / cookery / recipe books which are produced in either Great Britain or the UK?

I am struggling with the ones I have because they are all American and some of the food stuffs mentioned are not readily available here.

Having just been on sick leave for three weeks from work with a pretty bad run of vertigo attacks I am now feeling much better and feel like hitting the kitchen again.

Keep well everyone.

S x

Offline David P

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Re: LOW SALT FOOD / COOKERY / RECIPE BOOKS
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29 2011, 08:09 PM »
Hi, I have just enlisted today and was interested to see your request re low salt recipe books,
I have been a MD sufferer for 7 years now.
I did buy a book entitled "The No-Salt cookbook, by author, David C. Anderson &  Thomas D Anderson.
I purchased this from Amazon, a couple of months ago, and I believe I paid about 7/8 for it.
Whilst talking I have also managed to locate a supply of a sodium free salt substitute which I find an excellent alternative, should you feel you would like to try it please get in touch and I will give you some details for you to obtain some.
 I am glad to say I have virtually wiped out my spins nowadays and live as normal life as I had ever dared to hope I would just a couple of years ago, through literally cutting any salt from my diet and using alternatives.
best wishes
David