meniere

Author Topic: Another Infection  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
Another Infection
« on: Aug 20 2011, 11:36 AM »
Well thank god I didn't take the steroids yesterday .Left ear hurt when doc examined me and I could feel something was in the grommet .It erupted later on and is now a full blown infection :'( .Had a rough night and sinuses are hurting on that side but did manage some sleep .Had a chain saw noise from the infection in my left grommet and screaming tinnitus and an attack in my right ear .Didn't know which one to focus on more :D .Today I will be functioning (if that's the correct word for my current state!) on one ear with reduced hearing and blasting the other one with antibiotics and ear drops .This is NOT going take hold for 20 weeks  this time !!! Off to open access ENT on monday morning ,
Elaine xx

Offline Paula

• View Profile
Re: Another Infection
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20 2011, 12:06 PM »
Elaine what are you like!!! :o  Sorry to hear you are bad again and I really hope it doesn't last long this time.  Stay positive and I hope things improve for you soon.

Paula xx

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20 2011, 01:14 PM »
 >:(
That is not fair Elaine...poor you after the last 20 week stint I really really hope this one clears asap, take it easy and like Paula sasy try to stay positive,
take care
SJx

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20 2011, 02:16 PM »
Thanks girls .It seems to be becoming a pattern lately .My ENT is on hols this week but is back in after the bank holiday so I'll be able to get in to see him then.I don't feel too ill at the mo so am hoping most of it is inflammation and will settle soon   :-\ Just focussing on keeping myself vertical for my parents Golden wedding anniversary party next weekend  ;)
Elaine xx

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23 2011, 09:45 AM »
Hi Elaine, how are you feeling now? Did you get back to the hospital on Monday?
Hope you are doing well
Em xx
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23 2011, 10:44 AM »
Hi Emma ,
I went to the emergency ENT clinic only to be told they had 11 waiting and they were 2 hours behind and that I technically shouldn't be there cos I've got a consultant .I said I know that but as there are no normal clinics his secreatary said I should go to this one .She told me to come back this morning but I got straight on the phone to my GP and managed to get him to have a look at it and take a swab .Results of that will be back by thursday at the latest .He said he couldn't see my grommet for the gunk but there wasn't that much in there so I'm wondering if the severe pain was it finally coming out . If it's infection free and this is just inflammation then I'll start the steroids and blast the dizzies too  ;) I rested up yesterday afternoon and I slept really well last night and dizzies are not quite as bad today and I feel a bit better today so fingers crossed  ;)
Elaine xx

Offline Gibson335

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23 2011, 10:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that Elaine - I know how painful they can be.  Hope things improve for you quickly.
I intend to live forever...so far so good.

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23 2011, 03:42 PM »
Thanks Tony .It's a lot better today for some really odd reason .Swab results should be interesting .Just got to get the other ear behaving now  ;)
Elaine xx

Offline Paula

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23 2011, 07:24 PM »
Hi Elaine

Gald you're feeling better today, fingers crossed you are going to feel even better tomorrow and that it has gone!

Paula xx