Author Topic: Does anyone else's buzzing/ ringing get louder when you press your ear???  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Sianybee

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I just posted an introductory post in the relevant section but one thing that is kinda worrying me and making me wonder if I have something other than menieres is this weird symptom i mention in my title....

I have ringing/ buzzing in my ear a lot of the time but sometimes when i touch the ear of push it gently it becomes TEN times louder and i can even play tunes on it!!!!! it also happens if i yawn or burp :-s

tbh its kinda freaking me out as its only been happening for the last 2 months.... anyone experience this ever?

thanks Sian x

Offline Paula

• View Profile
Hi Si an

Welcome to the site.

This is tinnitus and a classic symptom of MD I'm afraid, mine does exactly the same.

Paula xx

Offline Sianybee

• View Profile
Hi Paula

thanks for the reply.... so your noises become louder on yawning or pressing your ear? Thats good to know as most people I have mentioned this to think its rather strange haha x

NEWOSA65

Hi Sian, yes as Paula says this is completely normal and defo more noticeable when we yawn or anything else that causes back pressure down the euastation tube.  The buzzing is classic menieres, by the way.  Take care, S :)

Offline Sianybee

• View Profile
Ok thanks for putting my mind at rest :) I was a bit worried as I also get a slight shift in my vision too when i push my bad ear???  anyone else get this?? it literally moves an inch to the right until i let go :-s

I guess Iv just gotta get used to all these bizarre symptoms hey!!! hoping my GP can refer me to a better ENT so i can get all this checked out properly x

Offline goodwood

• View Profile
You play tunes on it??? what a brilliant idea. this will give me something to do at the next staff meeting.  sorry to say but, yes I'm afraid its classic symptoms. i rely on hearing aids. and have lost 85% of my hearing with my latest bout of MD. now waiting for stronger aids . good luck , xx ;)

Offline amezcua

• View Profile
If I lightly touch the hairs on my cheek the Tinnitus gets louder. It`s very sensitive to that.  Interesting effect.

Offline sparkymarky

• View Profile
I have never noticed the humming Increase when pushing my ear until reading this post!! I can play tunes too!!!

Why don't we all join a menieres orchestra!!!!

On a serious note i hope peoples tinitus is not driving them crazy like mine is today

Take care all Sparky xx

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
I've had tinnitus a long time before being diagnosed with Meniere's and it can be quite useful... If someone boring or annoying is talking to you, focus on the ringing, makes that person a lot more bearable :) Additionally, if it's someone spouting out a lot of technical nonsense which means little or bugger all to you, tell them your tinnitus is very loud and have them repeat the same thing several times. After a while they'll get frustrated and stop talking :) Beautiful! Works a charm :D

Always make the best of what you have :D