meniere

Author Topic: Hair washing?  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Rose

• View Profile
Hair washing?
« on: Sep 28 2011, 05:00 PM »
Anyone any tips on how you wash your hair? I find I get really dizzy now when I close my eyes in the shower and if I try to tip my head back to keep my eyes open it gets worse, have even tried leaning forwards over the sink but then I spin too much.

I hate having yucky hair, so anyone any ideas for me please?

Many thanks

Rose

Offline Dizzybee

• View Profile
Re: Hair washing?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28 2011, 11:02 PM »
Hi Rose
I have to wear ear plugs when I wash my hair so I don't get water in my ears. I also hold on to my grab rail so I don't fall over, it doesn't stop me feeling dizzy but stops me falling. I also do it very quickly. Its not easy but i do manage it without help. 
Dizzybee 

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28 2011, 11:04 PM »
My shower doesn't work so I only ever have baths...I generally find them okay but do worry that I get too much water in my ear which can't be too good...
Em xx
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29 2011, 10:40 AM »
I use one of those shower attachments that fits onto the sink taps and lean over the sink .Never had any problems so far but feel more stable than kneeling down over the side of the bath
Elaine xx

Offline jeannette

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29 2011, 07:26 PM »
Hair washing is very difficult.   I never go to a hairdressers salon any more because of the lean-back chairs.   A very nice hairdresser often comes to me, and we have a system where I kneel at side of bath, but because I can't lean right over cos of dizziness etc, I keep a towelling robe which I put over my clothes.  She washes it with me only leaning very slightly, and I get very very wet, but who cares.   When I do it myself in the shower, it's always touch and go these days.   As fast as possible.   And I have put grab handles in the shower and bath, which I strongly recommend to all.

We had one of those good sink shower things in the apartment in the States, and I used that.   Haven't seen that here but must look.

Jeannette xx

Offline Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30 2011, 05:34 PM »
Thanks, I hadn't thought of earplugs, what a good idea.  I have also swopped to a 2in1 shampoo and conditioner which saves time.

It is reassuring that I am not alone in this, I felt a bit silly posting the suibject but glad I did now, thanks all :)