Author Topic: Tinnitus :(  (Read 2183 times)

Offline JohnBoy

• View Profile
Tinnitus :(
« on: Sep 29 2011, 09:01 PM »
Who finds that thier tinnitus gets louder? Does anyone have experience of their tinnitus improving?
What has worked?

John

Offline Rose

• View Profile
Re: Tinnitus :(
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30 2011, 05:44 PM »
I find it is much better at high altitudes for instance when we went on a skiing holiday the noise changed and was much better, till the trip back down the mountain lol :(

Offline Paula

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30 2011, 06:38 PM »
My tinnitus doesn't really bother me, not sure if it's because it's not that loud or I have just got used to it  :(  What fascinates me more is when I get pulsatile tinnitus and I can hear my heartbeat in my ear, now that's odd and apparently rather rare with MD according to my con which makes me think I have other things going on rather than MD!

Paula xx

Offline amezcua

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15 2011, 04:12 PM »
I get the pulsatile effect too. Nice to know I`m rare. Rose is rare too. How many people on this forum go Skiing??? The first I`ve seen so far.

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15 2011, 08:11 PM »
My tinnitus levels range with how well I am feeling, if I have been really ill with MD they get really loud, when I am having a good day they get really quiet again...then if I go out for a dancing night it is always ridiculously loud the next day..it all just depends how I am feeling.
Em xxx
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D

NEWOSA65

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16 2011, 04:41 PM »
Hi John, best remedy for tinnitus is to remove as much excess fluid as possible and this is normally achieved (in most cases) by taking the diuretic tablets.  I think the following is true:  Menieres= excess fluid= excess pressure(fulness)=increased tinnitus.  Of course diuretics do not work for everyone.  In my case the diuretics worked very very well initially and gave me long periods of remmision but as the disease progessed i found that the daily 5mg diuretic tablet that used to work (along with the low salt diet which is essential if the diuretic is used to control this illness), made no difference to my symptoms hence the gentamicin treatment later.  Simon

Offline amezcua

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17 2011, 01:13 AM »
I try to avoid tablets as much as I can. But Dandelion juice had a dramatically quick effect when I was a curious kid. The floating seeds were a curiosity. and the bitter taste after picking was something to avoid. I learned lately that the bitter juice will cure  warts . That`s a neat compensation.