meniere

Author Topic: hearing aids?  (Read 1487 times)

Offline goodwood

• View Profile
hearing aids?
« on: Oct 09 2011, 03:31 PM »
Ive had tinnitus now for about 6 years. and as i was also going deaf in one ear i went to the local hearing center and had hearing aids, These helped reduce the tinnitus in my normal ear. and for the past 5 years its been hardly noticeable.

This year i had a cluster of MD attacks in April which cleared up by the beginning of may. Unfortunately on the 1st June the tinnitus and pressure returned(very loud and so far no let up) have been to GP but all i get is more betahistine. I made an appointment to hearing centre and had tests, the result of which is that i had lost 85% of my hearing in my good ear (due to tinnitus) i had my hearing aid turned up as a temporary messure until my new more powerfull hearing aid arrives. the tinnitus has eased off a bit, but I'm now looking forward to my new hearing aid and will post any news when it arrives .  8)

Offline Rose

• View Profile
Re: hearing aids?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03 2011, 06:59 PM »
I must admit I fancy trying one of the se places, they seem to be so much more caring than the nhs ones :)

Offline amezcua

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19 2011, 01:10 AM »
I don`t think private hearing aid firms are a patch on the NHS.(Technically) You do get a few abrupt sloppy ones who can`t change the plastic tube without it hanging off your ear. But there are some very pleasant efficient ones too.  One private firm ripped me off and that was meant to be free.

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19 2011, 10:49 AM »
I prefer the NHS .The private ones only sell what they have in stock i.e. what makes them the most money .I looked at going private until I found out that my trust was one of the first to go digital and I ended up getting the same aids for free  8) . One private dispenser was great and really knowledgeable another one said I didn't need aids - it's a lottery  ::)
Elaine xx