Author Topic: see consultant in 2 weeks again!  (Read 1074 times)

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
see consultant in 2 weeks again!
« on: Oct 14 2011, 07:56 PM »
Just wanted see what u think! ↲
After months of flair ups every other week my consultant was on about jent injections.He could see how bad i was and even said I looked pale and bad.He was worried about me and put me on Diuretics and said come back to see him in 4 wks.Since then been two weeks and had a bad flair up lasting 4 days and ten days no ear pain.Got two more weeks to see how I am.Problem was wondering about was is 4 weeks long enough to see how Diuretics work on me in case just having a good week? Dont want him jump to injections but dont want come away thinking Diuretics are helping depending on how next 2 weeks go as last 2 weeks been 1 bad one good.Dont want come away wishing I didnt  give the go ahead for injections and  be bad with flair ups every other week again and have to wait ages to see him and start the injections but at the same time should I give diuretics longer.!!! Do diuretics just help with ear pain and presure and need jent injections.↲
Bit of a mishmash post but just dont know what do for the best after 4 week re visit xxx  ???
look for the good in everyone and have a good life !!!

Offline Emma

• View Profile
Re: see consultant in 2 weeks again!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14 2011, 08:18 PM »
Hey - am thinking if you go ahead with the injections you will be on a waiting list - you could poss go on the list and cancel nearer the time if you feel you don't want to go ahead at the time.

I am sure your consultant will have some suggestions when you next go and see them
Em xx
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14 2011, 08:33 PM »
Thank you Emma,thats a brill idea and a weight off my mind.Thanks again love glynis x
look for the good in everyone and have a good life !!!

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15 2011, 10:46 AM »
Hi Glynis ,
I think if the diruetics were going to have any effect they would have by now .I noticed a change quite quicky and I got 6 months of slight improvement from them but that was all .
Hope your appointment goes ok.It sounds like this doc is listening and working well with you  ,
Elaine xx