Author Topic: Bilateral tinnitus  (Read 2190 times)

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Bilateral tinnitus
« on: Nov 03 2011, 11:57 AM »
My ragging ears never stop and do my head in.Good job got 2 maskers to help me cope but they only swap on noise for another one.Awake most nights and so tired.Got pillow speakers at night but hard going still.Lost more hearing.How do you cope with it ragging in both ears 24/7 ?
look for the good in everyone and have a good life !!!

Offline Rose

• View Profile
Re: Bilateral tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03 2011, 06:58 PM »
I just have to get on with it, I have suffered with this for about 25 years now, I just accept it and try and move on. But sometimes it drives me mad, seems to be worst when I get the real pain and pressure then I find pushing or pressing the ear closed helps the pain abut the tinnitus gets far worse, can't win.

I sleep with in-earphones to my mp3 and find that is brilliant, the pillow speakers arent loud enough for me to hear properly.

Offline amezcua

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19 2011, 01:14 AM »
The mp3 must make it worse surely. Sleeping with it ? That can`t be good. Give them a rest. Poor little ears.

Offline Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08 2011, 11:03 AM »
Nope the mp3 effectively masks the shreaking so I can listen to soothing music whilst I fall asleep, the mp3 turns off after a set time. It really helps and the in ear ear pieces mean I dont feel any discomfort when turning over either :)

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03 2012, 01:44 PM »
Redirect your focus... If I let myself focus on the tinnitus, it drives me crazy, so focus elsewhere on anything. It's good because somehow, even trivial things become interesting :D