meniere

Author Topic: how do you cope?  (Read 2428 times)

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
how do you cope?
« on: Dec 11 2011, 06:52 PM »
My tinnitus is acute in both ears and presure pain.it never stops and find it hard going ?
look for the good in everyone and have a good life !!!

NEWOSA65

Re: how do you cope?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12 2011, 01:00 PM »
Hi Glynis,

Maybe to ease the pressure pain you could take some painkillers like paracetomol or similar?  This should clear up the pain/aching from your ears.

Re tinnitus, betahistine is supposed to help with that.  Diuretics as well are good as they help to reduce excess fluid from inner ear which lessens pressure and therefore tinnitus?  Other remedies for tinnitus are Gingko tablets which improve circulation to inner ear and maybe high potency garlic tabs?  Or exercise in general?  Please check out:  http://www.healthspark.co.uk/gingko-biloba.html

I know how bad tinnitus can be in one ear so cannot imagine two ears screaming 24/7!

Hope things improve very soon for you Glynis.

Simon :-) x

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12 2011, 01:46 PM »
Thank you Simon,will read up on it x

Offline Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12 2011, 02:57 PM »
Hi Glynis, I find the Serc helps remove the pressure in my ears, I remember I think that you cant take it anymore due to asthma? Is that right? I am wondering the same thing now :(

I find that listening to music helps me.

Do make sure you dont have an ear infection on top of all else, I went to the doc with bad pain and assumed it was a flare and I had an ear infection!

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12 2011, 03:57 PM »
hi rose,I take serc16 and Buccastem but had stop diuretic as asthma was to bad. Just wish my T would stop as way to loud or quiet down a bit .not nice in both ears they do my nut in.xxx

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03 2012, 01:41 PM »
Like Rose, I tend to listen to music frequently and if not doing that, I find something else to focus on. I also have tinnitus in both ears, my left ear about the last 16 years and my right ear started recently, about 6 months or so I guess. I find it hardest to deal with when going to sleep and waking in the morning, all other times I don't struggle with it as I'm able to divert my mind elsewhere.

How long have you had the tinnitus for?

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03 2012, 04:39 PM »
Music for me or the telly or radio - just anything other than silence so I can focus away from it  ;)
Elaine xx