Author Topic: After a pretty rough day...  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
After a pretty rough day...
« on: Feb 10 2012, 10:03 PM »
Fallen 3 times, a spinny that lasted a couple of hours and feeling so tired, I decided I needed to listen to something to take my mind elsewhere... So, I figured a bit of "Etta James - At Last" would fit the bill and now everything simply seems good again :)

Music, the instant cure all... I'm happy again  :)

If you don't know the song, have a listen... I dare you to try to not feel good when listening to it :)

Benny

Offline shell

• View Profile
Re: After a pretty rough day...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10 2012, 10:34 PM »
Sorry u had a rough day, but great youve found something to make you smile .
When im down my son sings a daft song called little bunny foo foo, guaranteed to make me smile.

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10 2012, 10:42 PM »
Thank you, Shell :) Music is my passion and I always go to it in every circumstance, but sometimes, just a specific song, in this case Etta James (bless her) was absolutely perfect for making me feel good again :)

Also, just the name (Little Bunny Foo Foo) made me smile :D That's so cute too :)

Benny :)

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10 2012, 11:05 PM »
LOL Shell - my daughters used to sing that in brownies when they were little  ;D ;D
Glad your music perked you up after a rough day Ben  :)
Elaine xx

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11 2012, 07:48 AM »
My kids used to sing that one  ;D

Music is amazing and it is great to be able to totally change your mood. Hope however your day today is a better one Ben  :)

SJx

Offline shell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11 2012, 09:44 PM »
Little bunny foo foo ,hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head.
Down came the good fairy and she said....
Little bunny foo foo ,i dont want to see u scooping up......etc.
Im going to give you 3 chances..... then im going to turn u into a goon.

Repeat the words above 3 times ... little bff i saw u, now im gonna turn u into a goon, and she did.

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11 2012, 10:29 PM »
I watched it on youtube earlier... Thought a dodgy chemist had slipped something in my Serc :o\

Offline shell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12 2012, 09:49 AM »
Moral of the story..... play nice....or else..
Will check out u tube for when kid not here.
Picture 20 preschool kids All doing the actions.
Smile.........

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12 2012, 01:22 PM »
lol Yes, very Cute :)

Mind you, let's look at this from a different perspective... 20 Preschool kids playing Little Bunny Foo Foo, you playing the ONLY field mouse... Intimidating no? :o

Benny  :D

Offline shell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12 2012, 05:36 PM »
Poor little me ,run!

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12 2012, 08:32 PM »
lol  :D

Another thing, has anyone else experienced what feels / sounds like a very deep thump in your ear? Totally different to tinnitus and really appears to be coming from very deep inside my ear, it's on the right hand side which is not where I experienced the recent hearing loss. I really can't describe it at all well, but is quite unnerving. Happens around 10 times a day and only over the last few days... Feels strange indeed  :(

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13 2012, 11:43 AM »
This is getting more severe in terms of dizziness and balance problems. Strange things like the thumping sound / feeling, the liquid feeling running round both my ears, headaches, nausea, loud tinnitus in both ears. I've been awake for just over 3 hours and I'm absolutely exhausted already...  :tired:

Constantly feeling like I'm about to have an attack and then it simply doesn't happen. I'd be lying if I said this last 2 weeks hasn't been incredibly tough and it isn't showing any signs of easing up, rather I'm feeling this way quicker than before as I used to at least be able to do stuff for a few hours before it started to mess with me like this.  :(

I'm hoping that this is not on it's way to becoming the normal for me.

Benny

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13 2012, 12:19 PM »
Hey Benny  :)

Sounds like you really are going through a rough patch I hope it is not going to be the 'norm' for you and it passes quickly. I too get strange noises and the liquid feeling when going through a bad spell and it's not nice at all  :(

I have found since we have had this cold spell that things are starting to start up again with me...dunno if there is a link I know weather preasure definately makes a difference to some on here....

Really hope you get some improvement soon....keep your chin up and try and keep those positive thoughts coming... :)
Take care
SJ x

PS....failing that think of little bunny foo foo at least it will put a smile on your face  :D

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13 2012, 01:36 PM »
Thank you, SJ :) Your kind words help a lot :)

I am continuing to work through this and play my piano, as well as my 2 miles of walking each day... The hardest part now is simply feeling like I could have an attack at any second and this doesn't ease up at all, pretty much from the second I open my eyes in the morning, to when I go to bed at night, just doesn't stop and when I'm walking I'm all over the place.  :tired: It's intimidating and I'm too stubborn to not continue doing what I do. I can't let this get the better of me because I'll then feel like it's winning.

I stay positive, as hard as it is at the moment... I think I have miniature Little Bunny Foo Foo's running about my ears "bopping" the nerves on the head :o

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14 2012, 09:30 AM »
So, had another attack at work yesterday... :( Once again, the guys here were so damn good. They called the paramedics who eventually took me home, but when they were moving me... I was like  :'( The spinning and the nausea were extreme, but had to be done :( I really felt so hopeless and desperate, but snapped out of that, slept and came into work today :)

I do feel tired, bit dizzy and nauseous today, but my stubborn nature forced me up and into work today :)

Hope all are well :)

Benny

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 14 2012, 09:47 AM »
Ow I am sorry you had such a bad day yesterday but good for you getting back to it :) I hope it was just a nasty blib and things start to improve for you now, I find that when I have my worst attack things improve again for a period so fingers crossed the same is for you :)
Wishing you well.
Em xxx
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 14 2012, 11:14 AM »
Thank you, Emma :) I hope so too...

Benny

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15 2012, 11:49 AM »
Hi....that's not good  :( But am glad you are feeling better today - I think your positive attitude is great so often in the early years when my md started an attack would send me into a depression and that honestly prolongs things in my opinion....

good for you and heres to a better day today for you  :)

SJx