meniere

Author Topic: subtitles  (Read 2364 times)

Offline millington

• View Profile
subtitles
« on: Mar 04 2012, 10:40 AM »
does anyone else have to watch tv with the subtitles on? i cant hear anything going on no matter how loud it is. due to have hearing aid this month, does that help with the tv? x

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: subtitles
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04 2012, 11:00 AM »
Yes when I'm really bad .Hearings aids will help you loads and it might be worth you contacting social services in your area to check out other equipment that will help you e.g. things ot helop you hear the doorbell ,smoke alarm and a room loop system
Elaine xx

Offline millington

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04 2012, 09:44 PM »
thanks elaine, i contacted them yesterday funnily enough! i keep missing people at the door and never hear the phone! they are sending someone round for a check. cant wait to get my ha then, subtitles are rubbish, im sure i could type faster!

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04 2012, 10:49 PM »
Average subtitles:

"Hegho, wof ren tum?" = "Hello, how are you?"... Am I wrong? :D

Benny :D xoxo

Offline Trurzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08 2012, 01:27 PM »
Yes  - I've been watching TV with subtitles on recently too. I've realised that I lipread a lot, and so any documentaries are hard to follow.

It's OK if it's prerecorded, but the live stuff is atrocious. Tried to watch Ten O'Clock Live yesterday and it was about a minute behind, chock full for spelling mistakes and illegible most of the time. And seeing as comedy is all about timing....

Wish they had subtitles for the radio!

Offline amezcua

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29 2012, 04:45 PM »
An old topic but still current. Even on the BBC News channel which repeats several times a day the subtitles still lag way behind the pictures . Then they overlap onto  completely different subjects . The spelling mistakes are still in place too. :-\

Offline harry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29 2012, 05:47 PM »
Hi

Like you can't hear tv and now only watch tv with subtitles and no sound. If family around the sound has to be very low. Have already got hearing aid but due to distorted sound don't work well with tv.

love my sky plus box as i can record tv and watch it with subtitles when i feel fresh and able to concentrate.

agree that subtitles are often rubbish but now find it makes me laugh which i don't do much of lately.