meniere

Author Topic: Chris Packham on Countdown  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Vicki

• View Profile
Chris Packham on Countdown
« on: May 01 2012, 03:57 PM »
Glad to see Chris Packham at least mention Meniere's today on Countdown  :) But one thing that really annoys me is the mis-use/understanding of the word vertigo which he didn't bother to point out has nothing to do with heights when he had perfect opportunity, just my annoyance though. At least Meniere's got a mention and vertigo was almost used 'properly'
I may have been extra annoyed as I was having a bit of a woozy spell at the time

Offline Gidge

• View Profile
Re: Chris Packham on Countdown
« Reply #1 on: May 01 2012, 08:30 PM »
Hi Vicky - your post caught my eye and I did 'catch-up' on the programme - Chris doesn't seem to have had typical MD - I saw an article in one of the national papers about him and his Meniere's and didn't feel it did any of us any favours - he was adamant, as on Countdown, that it never stopped him doing anything and he just had to carry on and work through it. If so, he is a very lucky man - as we know, when a real vertigo episode hits you couldn't move to literally save your life !!
Is anyone volunteering to talk to the media about Meniere's as mentioned in Spin? I am very tempted.....
Gill
Onwards and upwards !  (Spins permitting.........)

Offline Vicki

• View Profile
Re: Chris Packham on Countdown
« Reply #2 on: May 01 2012, 09:06 PM »
Hi Gidge
yeah seems he's had it pretty easy, he doesn't take any medication and only has one or two attacks a year. I dread to think what I'd be like not taking anything.
The first paragraph of this article tells of him being able to continue talking through an attack, I'm not sure many of us could do that. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1382836/Wildlife-star-Chris-Packham-living-chronic-vertigo.html