Author Topic: Raging tinnitus  (Read 4749 times)

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Raging tinnitus
« on: Jun 03 2012, 06:02 PM »
My MD is at burn out after years of hell.
Now in left with hearing loss and raging tinnitus in both ears that wont stop and wear maskers.
Anyone like this? My ent discharged me under audiology still but habituated to my tinnitus for years but its to loud and hard to cope :-[ :'( :'(
look for the good in everyone and have a good life !!!

NEWOSA65

Re: Raging tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03 2012, 11:37 PM »
Hi Glynis,

Hope the noise backs off soon!  How many years have you had the menieres?  Did you start with bilateral Menieres?

Hope you feel better soon,

Simon :)

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04 2012, 08:39 AM »
Hi simon ,
Had it about 6 yrs and about 3 in both.
Consultant said its my MD giving causing my tinnitus and its so loud in both ears.Not had other sumptoms so said im at burnout and my hearing and tinnitus is a problem for me now.
I dont think burnout but hope so but ears raging and hard going xxx

NEWOSA65

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04 2012, 10:38 AM »
Hi Glynis,

I remember the days when the noise in my ear was unbearable - it was like someone has switched a vacuum cleaner on in my head.  It was awful.  If this illness was classed as 'life threatening' we would probably have by now a treatment that works!  The problem is that there is insufficient research done into this problem and to be honest i don't think the doctors realise how bad this illness affects how lives!  I know its a tough one to treat but i'm sure alot more could be done if more research was done into this problem?

I hope you have reached burn out - if you have reached that stage it would mean that you now have no vestibular function.  Is your balance bad and do you have any bouncy vision?

Hope the tinnitus backs off soon..

Take care,

Simon :)

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04 2012, 10:55 AM »
Hi Simon by balance is a bit off but I put it down to sevre billateral tinnitus but no
bouncy vission.my ears raging and wont stop. i have maskers to  wear and under
audiology xxx.

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21 2012, 11:25 PM »
Hello Simon

You mentioned bouncy vision. Is this a sign that you have reached burnout then ?  I am just a little confussed regarding the vision side of MD.

Jojo

Offline Estelle de Neumann

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01 2013, 11:57 PM »
Glynis,

Is your tinnitus still raging? - I'm in desperate state since gromets fitted 26 August.  Has your tinnitus settled?  my tinnitus is roaring both ears it's hell.  My balance not good either, I'm not coping Please reply soon.

Estelle

Offline glynis

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02 2013, 01:45 AM »
Hi Estele ,
My tinnitus is raging in both ears and is hard to cope with.
I don't come on hear hardly as I have been with the BTA nearly 3 years and support lots of people with tinnitus daily.
I hope ENT and audiology are helping you.
At night its best to listen to natural sounds with pillow speakers and set the sound below your tinnitus so your brain works hard picking up the New sound and pushes the tinnitus sound to the back.
Putting lavender oil on your pillow Will help you relax and sleep by using
your sence of smell as a distraction.
You are welcome find me on the BTA and can support you on their and even talk to you on the phone...lol glynis xxx

Offline Estelle de Neumann

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 04 2013, 07:19 AM »
Hi Glynis

Where do you buy the pillow speakers? which ones do you recommend.  And do they really work.  I'm not sure I'd be able to hear the music. I've tried my bedside radio but most of the time my hearing is so low the music is all muffled.  Would be great to speak to you on the phone.

Thank you - Regards

suzygirl

« Reply #9 on: Oct 04 2013, 09:30 AM »
Estelle, I have removed your phone number as it is best not to post private details on a public forum.  If you wish to exchange details then do so via PM.

Offline Dizzy and sick

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10 2013, 12:35 PM »
Hi Simon by balance is a bit off but I put it down to sevre billateral tinnitus but no
bouncy vission.my ears raging and wont stop. i have maskers to  wear and under
audiology xxx.

Hi What are maskers? I have tinnitus it drives me crazy at night and at any time that is quiet...I love peace and quiet, its like torture

Angela