meniere

Author Topic: Ear fullness  (Read 3090 times)

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Ear fullness
« on: Sep 28 2012, 09:37 AM »
Morning everyone

I have a question I would like to ask about ear fullness.  Any responses would be much appreciated.

I have MD in my left ear, almost no hearing and Tinnitus in that ear. I take Betahistine 16mg x 3 per day. At the beginning of September I started taking the diurectic Furosemide.

For the past 6 weeks I have had really bad fullness in both of my ears.  I have had this every day without any break from it.  I have felt really unsteady/unbalanced during this period of time also that I was on the verge of vertigo most days but just tried to ignore it and carry on albeit very slowly.  I have had occasional little spins where I have felt dizzy/sick for a few minutes at a time, but thankfully did not get what I call real vertigo.

Yesterday I noticed (thankfully) that my right good ear had cleared (almost).  Throughout the day at times it felt full again but kept on clearing so I took things easy.  I noticed that when I went to bed last night that my bad ear was making funny noises.  Sometimes it sounded like a clicking noise, it was really strange.  I have read on here before that others have experienced this sensation. So thought I would ask if anyone knows why this happens.  It is almost as if the fluid is trying to move about. This morning the Tinnitus in my bad ear appears to be a bit quieter, which is great. I thought maybe that the diuretics have started to help but I am not sure.

Does anyone know why this happens? or have any of you ever had this happen to you? and finally could it be the diuretics?.

Look forward to hearing from you.  Thank you in advance.

Jojo

Offline jeannette

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: Ear fullness
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09 2012, 12:40 AM »
Just saw this - and I don't have anything comparable (except fullness and weird sensations in ears), but it looked as if no one had replied, which is unusual, and I wanted to make sure you knew you weren't alone.
Jeannette

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09 2012, 08:15 AM »
Hello Jeanette

Thank you so much for responding to my post.  I must admit I did wonder why nobody responded to my post!!! Have to say I was feeling a little left out because I did not get any responses.

For me the idea of posting the question regarding the clicking noises was to put my mind at rest.  I can not quite remember if I read on here before about the clicking noise,  I have certainly read about it somewhere though.  But, looking through the old threads again before posting I could not find any mention of it.  I was sure I had seen some posts mentioning it.  So thought I would post and ask.

Thank you again for responding that was very thoughtful of you.

Kind regards

Jojo

Offline Sianybee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09 2012, 08:55 AM »
hey JoJo how is the fullness now? for me I see the changes in pitch and clicking as a positive that something is stirring in there and usually if no big attack happens during this time it can just die down and improve so hopefully it is the water tablets helping you :)

my bad ear feels full to burst this last few days and I also have ringing in my good ear which scares me but it has happened before then settled back down, hard not to worry a big attack is brewing isn't it? I too started the diuretics literally a few days back so am hoping they ease the fullness off like they have done for many people on here

what symptoms do you find the serc helps you with? I have never had any joy with it in the past and it does not suit me at all but I remember feeling as I do today in spring and taking it for a few days and it seemed to improve the ringing somewhat, could have been coincidence tho as have heard it needs to be taken long term to feel a benefit but unfortunately I struggle with it

Offline jeannette

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09 2012, 10:57 PM »
Hi again, Jojo.   Re lack of response, I think you get more replies if you post on the general forum.   You might want to ask the 'clicking' question again on there - I know we MD people hear all kinds of strange things!
Best, Jeannette