meniere

Author Topic: Hearing Aid question  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Summer

• View Profile
Hearing Aid question
« on: Jan 14 2013, 05:07 PM »
My husband was diagnosed with Meniers a year ago.  He had a very bad time last year with several vertigo attacks lasting several hours.  Fortunately, he has not had a vertigo attack since April, but suffers from hyperacusis. 

He has ordered a hearing aid and seems to be thinking this will help the tinnitus, hyperacusis and fullness in his ear.  I feel he is being too optimistic, but don't want to say anything. 

The forum has been a great support to me to understand how he is feeling.

Offline Emma

• View Profile
Re: Hearing Aid question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14 2013, 05:42 PM »
Hey I love my hearing aid the tinnitus disappears when it is in :) when I initially take it out the tinnitus is ridiculous but soon calms down again xx
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D

Offline Summer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15 2013, 04:53 AM »
Thank you Emma as least that is one positive as well as improved hearing.

Offline spincity

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21 2013, 06:00 AM »
Hello Summer,   I've just come on board.   About 5 years ago I was given the opportunity of being part of a trial  for new hearing aids re tinnitus.   My main concern then was the hyperacusis, even though the tinnitus was very loud.   Anyway, after wearing them for several hours each day for nearly 12 months, the difference was phenomenal and the tinnitus virtually disappeared.   Foolishly I thought well that's it - I'm fixed and it's only very recently (the last week) that I have gone back to using them as everything has gone haywire again.  Personally, I can only recommend them.   My vertigo attacks are also very severe now, but am determined to get back to semi normality.