meniere

Author Topic: A relief :)  (Read 980 times)

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
A relief :)
« on: Jan 21 2013, 03:00 PM »
Hey all :)

Hope that everyone is well :)

So, got my results and had all remaining tests done today. Everything came out as expected, scans showing nothing sinister, hearing test showed further hearing loss in both ears, especially right, but nothing too dramatic, results of the rotating chair test show vestibular problems on both sides, more significantly on the right side. As expected, both ears are problematic, but the most problem side is the right, this means that the VNS will go ahead as scheduled. I go in on Feb 13th, surgery on the 14th, hopefully will only be in about a week or so. My consultant was very reassured by all the test results, had some things been different, especially the balance test it could have opened things up again, but everything points fairly conclusively to exactly what was thought.

Today was very reassuring for me also and has made me feel a lot calmer and more comfortable than I have for a long time. I now believe the VNS is the best thing for me and I'm hoping that after this has been done I'll slowly start getting my life back together. The idea is to slowly get me off all the meds that I've been taking in the hopes that my overall symptoms will be further reduced, especially the migraines and nausea, it's just a question of wait and see.

I am obviously still a little edgy about the surgery, but confident that it'll help me a lot now and I'm eventually back to feeling positive again. Thankfully! :)

Please all keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.

Many thanks and all the best,

Benny xoxo :D

Offline chrissieg

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: A relief :)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21 2013, 04:36 PM »
I was so pleased to see and read this post Benny. Surgery is scary but spending more years so disabled by your symptoms would be even scarier - I think it would be fair to say that all of us here hold you in great affection and will all be sending you the most positive vibes imaginable on Feb 14th!
keep us posted and take care

Chrissie
Chrissieg

Offline Jane G

• Trusted member
  • Me on a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21 2013, 06:05 PM »
Absolutely, at least now you know where you are going and you can focus on getting this bloody disease sorted once and for all, very best wishes

Jane
Be Positive, It Helps!!

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21 2013, 06:13 PM »
 :flowers: :-* folks :)

Thank you, so much, really means a huge amount to me to get feedback like this. Love you guys :)

I will absolutely be keeping you posted and will be on here frequently before and after the surgery anyway's... You're not getting rid of me that easily ;)

Benny xoxo :D

Offline Bumble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21 2013, 06:44 PM »
Hey Benny,

I regularly read your posts and know that you've been having a really rough time of it especially of late.  Really pleased that you are feeling a little easier and I hope that your surgery goes well, your recovery is swift and it makes a huge difference to you so that as you say, you can begin to slowly get your life back together.

Very best wishes,
Bumble

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21 2013, 07:27 PM »
Awwwww, thank you, Bumble :) Very sweet of you to say so...

I hope that you're well :)

Best wishes,

Benny :) xoxo

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21 2013, 11:20 PM »
Hey, a very special Valentine's Day for you Benny!!  I wish you the best.

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21 2013, 11:30 PM »
Really glad things are going in the direction you want them to .Hope the surgery goes smoothly and you're up and about quickly afterwards
Elaine xx

Offline jeannette

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21 2013, 11:51 PM »
I'm expecting/hoping we'll hear lots more from you between now and Feb 13, so shan't wish you luck yet for the op - but certainly wish you a reasonable spell between now and then.   You SO deserve it.
x Jeannette