Author Topic: 10 days to go!!!  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
10 days to go!!!
« on: Feb 04 2013, 01:36 AM »
Time is flying by, can't believe it's only 10 days until the "snip"! :D

I've had a couple of good days off the back of a few really not good ones... Once again the dizziness, nausea, crazy migraine stuff and vertigo pulled me apart last week. Migraines are becoming a VERY big problem for me, it messed up my sight horribly, I even lost my sight completely for about 20 seconds, was damn scary  :o And of course, sight problems make the whole visual balance side of things infinitely more difficult :(

It seems that due to the constant nature of the dizziness, migraines, nausea and vertigo my body has simply not been able to recover, so been on a constant downward spiral for pretty much a year straight now. Longest I've gone without vertigo since, April is 16 days, but averaging 2 - 3 attacks a week with constant dizziness, migraines and whatever else at all other times.

My hope for after the surgery is that the vertigo will stop, my body will have time to recover and it will all start to ease up... I'll come off the meds I've been on which I think can only help, so many meds is certainly not a good thing for anyone.

Anyway, this is all kind of an update really... Getting close, nervous, but so looking forward to getting this done now :)

Hope that all are well,

Benny :) xoxo

Offline Dizzyme

• View Profile
Re: 10 days to go!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04 2013, 01:56 AM »
Good luck Benny. 

Are you going to get both done like Alec in time?

Life will be good again.

Dizzy

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04 2013, 02:05 AM »
If needs be, but will see what happens a few months post surgery. I discussed this with my consultant when I was there. If I get vertigo again he'll check to see if the vestibular nerve has reconnected itself which can happen (the nerve is only cut, not removed) and if it has, they'd cut it again, if not it'd suggest that my left ear has become fully active also.

I hate to say it, but I do see this as being what will happen eventually as I know my left ear has its days now too. Additionally, fluctuating hearing in left ear, rotating chair test showed vestibular function on the left side on a decline and I also get crazy pressure left side sometimes, albeit far less often than the right side. These are the primary reasons I was diagnosed as bilateral...

Will see what happens, but for now a step at a time on my road to recovery :) Without doubt this has been the toughest 18 months of my life and this is the first part of hopefully a full recovery and a renewed life :)

Benny :)

Offline deevette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04 2013, 08:07 AM »
Good luck Benny, I am sure it will improve things for you, as you say even if things are not perfect( other ear) it will make improvements and your life will feel calmer and less stressed. wishing you all the best and will be thinking of you.
 lovw Deevette

Offline moz414

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04 2013, 09:05 AM »
All the best for your upcoming op Benny.

I had my labby done almost 2 weeks ago and I can honestly say it was well worth it.  So far I've had no dizzies or any of the other crappy symptoms (brain fog etc) I had before the op.  My recovery has been great and I'm hoping to return to work in March if I continue as I am.

Offline allanander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04 2013, 09:51 AM »
Hope it goes okay Benny.  Keep my fingers crossed for you.
Allan

Offline pups

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04 2013, 11:53 AM »
Hope it all goes well for you.
XX

Offline Jane G

• Trusted member
  • Me on a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04 2013, 03:42 PM »
Benny you deserve the very best outcome from this op, I really hope this time next month you'll be we'll on the road to recovery and a fantastic quality of life will be the result for you

Love Jane
Be Positive, It Helps!!

suzygirl

« Reply #8 on: Feb 04 2013, 03:55 PM »
I really hope it works for you  :)

NEWOSA65

« Reply #9 on: Feb 04 2013, 04:41 PM »
Hi Benny,

Yes the big day is drawing in closer but you know my views and to be honest with how things have been for you, the sooner its done the better!  I cannot see how having this done could make things worse.  You're having constant disabling attacks, have no quality of life, and personally after having the op, I don't think you'll ever look back.  You will then be in a position to try and rebulid your life again - you're also quite young (unlike me when i made my decision LOL) so it is a good idea to act now and to waste no more years at the hands of this thing!

If you do have problems with your other ear you can cross that bridge later... just focus on one thing at a time. At least with the VNS you will in all likelihood come out with some quality of hearing.

Stay strong mate, you're gonna be fine!

Simon :-)

Offline judym

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04 2013, 07:02 PM »
You were the first person who made me think positively - when I first visited the forum! After such a long/awful time you really deserve some quality time. We all really hope it happens. Keeping fingers crossed for you!   

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04 2013, 09:24 PM »
Hello Benny

Just sent you a PM.  Take care!!!

Jojox

Offline Giddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07 2013, 11:11 AM »
Hello Benny

We hope that you get on ok and feel much better soon. Thinking of you!

Ann and Marie xx :)

Offline bluespurs

• Man on a mission to rid himself of MD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08 2013, 04:06 PM »
Hi Benny

Best of luck m8, hope it all goes well, you cant carry on the way you are, so the sooner the better.

Best Regards
No matter how hard we try
the man can never hear us cry
we could scream and yell
but he is in his heaven while we're in our hell!!!

Offline Frommage

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08 2013, 04:21 PM »
Hi Benny.
I already sent you a message wishing you luck but will do it here also.
I think i speak for most of us on here when i say we are so fortunate not to have gone through the living hell you must have been going through this past 12 months or so.
I know you will be a different person after this,and you more than deserve that.
Stu.

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08 2013, 05:05 PM »
Hey folks and thank you all :) This really means so much to me, really appreciate your support and best wishes :)

I had my pre op today and aside my heart beating too quickly (122bpm rested) all is ok for next week. Last few days has been rough to say the least, 3 attacks in the last 24 hours and really nasty migraine type stuff in between. It does drive home how much I need this done and I'm looking forward to afterwards and hopefully getting my life back :)

Moz, very happy for you, sounds like it was a complete success :) Great to read that...

Once again, thank you all :) Really... (((((hugs)))))

Take care, be well and best wishes from me :) I'll be around the next few days anyway and I'll let you know how I'm doing as soon as I can post surgery :)

Benny :) xoxo

Offline Debs

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08 2013, 07:21 PM »
Hi Benny,

Not been on here for a long time, I spend more time on the facebook group. I hope your op goes well & you can keep us all up dated on your progress.
My consultant is considering this for me also, as I have no hearing loss & any injections in my ear will result in loss of hearing. I had a balance function test 2 weeks to see which ear my MD is in but it has come back as abnormal so I now need another MRI?! My consultant thinks I must be getting migraines at the same time as attacks as it takes me weeks to recover.
Any way as I said before GOOD LUCK  :) & I will keep everything crossed for you.

Debs x

Offline Andrew H

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 11 2013, 05:45 PM »
Good luck Benny.  :)