meniere

Author Topic: 1 week after grommet fitted  (Read 618 times)

Offline Jane G

• Trusted member
  • Me on a good day
    • View Profile
1 week after grommet fitted
« on: Feb 21 2013, 06:53 AM »
Hi all just an update on how things are.  Grommett fitted lat Wednesday.  Had positional vertigo on the Friday, ok over the weekend.  Tuesday had very sudden vertigo which lasted about half an hour.  Yesterday had two very sudden attacks both only lasting 15 minutes then right as rain, which is very unusual for me.  Normally I get vertigo then I have to lie still because I get movement induced vertigo which lingers on for varying amounts of time.  I'm hoping this may mean the grommet may be settling things, any ideas?
Be Positive, It Helps!!

Offline Benny01

• Trusted member
  • It's all music to my ears!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 week after grommet fitted
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21 2013, 08:47 AM »
Here I go with some immensely un-useful thoughts :D If sustained pressure was making things more constant after you had an attack and the grommet is easing the pressure, then I would think that perhaps it is helping. I had grommets fitted three times, but that was a long time ago and they always got pushed out in my case, but I do remember the last time I had them and they did make my ears feel less stressed for lack of a better word :)

I certainly hope that this is helping you and I'm sure a far more informed opinion than this silly one will come along soon :D

Hope that you're well,

Benny :) xoxo