Author Topic: Just had grommet fitted  (Read 2536 times)

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Just had grommet fitted
« on: Mar 29 2013, 10:45 PM »
Hello

Just wanted to ask anyone who has had a grommet fitted how long was it before you noticed any difference. The grommet I have is meant to last around 9 months to a year.

I had the grommet fitted this Tuesday.  Feels a bit weird and have earache at the moment but I am sure the earache will go off in time.

Any advice from anyone would be great.

Thanks for reading this.

Jojox

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: Just had grommet fitted
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06 2013, 01:05 PM »
Hi jojo

I've had grommets 3 times the most recent was nov 2010. Had mine under ga as my consultant wasn't able to do it under local. I remember it being uncomfortable for a week or so after. For me though my md continued so it seems they were no help but I do know others on the forum who have had good success with grommets. Fingers crossed your ear pain settles and they help  :)
If the ear pain continues or gets worse make sure you get it checked as you may well have picked up an infection...
Best wishes
SJx

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06 2013, 10:27 PM »
Hello SJ

Thank you so much for your reply.

My ear has now settled down now pain wise.  I still have a lot of pressure at the moment but still early days.  I went to see an audiologist the other day for a hearing aid.  She checked my ear and said everything looked fine.

Can not wait to get my hearing aid as struggling to hear has become very frustrating.

Thanks again for you reply.

Best wishes Jojox

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07 2013, 08:56 PM »
Hi jojo

You are welcome  :)

Hope your apt to get hearing aids goes well. I have one but am still really struggling to get to grips with it....would prob get used to it if I wore it more ::)
Struggle with the sound and the comfort and also a bit with what people will think! I know I shouldn't worry but that's just me!  :)

Any way good luck with yours hope the pressure eases too

SJxx

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07 2013, 10:08 PM »
Hello Sj

Thanks for you reply again.

I actually am not too concerned what people think.  Might be a different story when actually get my hearing aid though. I was given a choice of colours, so I have requested a bright pink one, just for fun as I like anything pink.

I know I will have to be patient with it, they have told me to use it gradually and try to get used to it that way.  Just so looking forward to not having to ask people to repeat themselves. I must say pardon about 50 times a day my husband says.  Ha Ha! Ha!

Yours was my only responce so I very much appreciated your time in responding.

Hope you are ok.  Take care!!

Jojo x

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08 2013, 09:13 AM »
Hi

No problem, mines pink!! and I am going to get to grips with it as I know I should not worry about others to be honest no one would even notice it- just a self concieous thing I guess!! I'm the same with saying pardon  :D

Take care
SJx