Author Topic: Advice Re Hearing Loss Progression  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
Advice Re Hearing Loss Progression
« on: May 30 2013, 11:47 AM »
A question for those of you that have gone really deaf in the affected ear(s).How did it go ? I've been really stable until a severe attack a couple of years ago really reduced my hearing .At first it was in the high frequencies but since January this year it's been going down in big chunks .According to an online test I just did it's really bad at low frequs now and profound at high ones and ok in the middle but that's the bit that's pitching weirdly.Is this how the rest of you found it ?
Thanks ,
Elaine x

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: Advice Re Hearing Loss Progression
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12 2013, 02:38 PM »
Hi Elaine  :)

I know you posted this a while ago but just wanted to say my hearing loss was pretty gradual at first it's now since having drop attacks that I have noticed a dramatic difference and I'm down to about 80% loss in the md ear.

Hope all good with you at the moment  :)

SJx

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23 2013, 12:28 PM »
Thanks Sarah .
The said ear isn't good at all and since then has developed episodes of what I call "double hearing " i.e. sounds at my nearest normal frequs appearing in that ear a few seconds later than the other ear and at a higher pitch  :'( I'm now booked in for a sac decompression in a couple of months
Elaine xx

Offline Dizzy and sick

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02 2013, 06:36 PM »
Hi, my hearing loss is progressing and there dosen't seem to be anything that I can do about it, could you send me a hearing test link so that I can check out my hearing for myself, feeling totally helpless here.
Angela

Offline Dizzy Hoon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02 2013, 08:04 PM »
My last hearing test showed that I had a low frequency hearing loss but I used a link to Action on Hearing Loss (previously given on this forum, just can't remember where).  However when I checked my hearing on this site it said that my hearing was within the normal range.  But I suppose it gives a rough gauge.

http://www.hearinglosscheck.org/hearingcheck/check/

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30 2013, 10:41 AM »
I've used this one
http://lloydhearingaid.com/shopping/audiogram.asp

It is a bit hit and miss tho