Author Topic: 2 years on and it's only getting worse - new member.  (Read 866 times)

Offline Andy_WSM

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I was diagnosed with Menieres a couple of years ago having suffered loud tinnitus and balance problems - not to mention a constant fatigue. I was referred to a consultant who said "no, no, no, it's not Menieres, it's intrusive tinnitus" - he apparently thinks Menieres is very rare therefore I can't have it.

I really don't care what the doctors call it any more - I'm at my wits end with constant "hum" in one ear and ringing in the other and falling on my ass if I stand around too long anywhere. If I have a loud day I get tired very quickly, is this "normal"?

I am starting to get issues with work. My manager seems supportive enough, but the companies policies do not. I have just been put on to "light duties, no driving" by my GP having visited yesterday as the symptoms are worsening. This hasn't gone down well in work with a new referral to occupational health and HR. Also, he keeps making what I consider "silly" requests of me - i.e. dial in to an audio meeting for an entire afternoon. I am on light duties partly because I am struggling to hear properly at the moment despite having the hospital adjust my hearing aids yesterday - so how I could endure an entire afternoon on the phone right now...I just don't know!

Offline SJ

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: 2 years on and it's only getting worse - new member.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12 2013, 02:49 PM »
Hi

Sorry to hear that times are bad for you it's very difficult to keep positive when you feel like you do. I've not got any help with regards to problems in the workplace but I know there have been many discussions regarding different situations on here so search the boards and you may find some useful information.

Try and take each day at a time- I've had md for many years and although when it's bad it feels impossible I have also had good periods (never ever no tinnitus though  >:( ) so a good spell could begin at any time  :)

Take care
SJx

Offline Steadyasyougo

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12 2013, 09:57 PM »

Really sorry to hear the frustrations you are having at work, you must feel very isolated. I,ve been asking for overtime but although my colleagues are doing it i seem to be 'overlooked' so i'm skint as well as dizzy! I,ve got lots of helpful advice from this forum. I have given up caffeine completely in the hope of a little relief from the tinnitus at least. Its early days though.

Lots of luck though

Offline Andy_WSM

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13 2013, 09:10 AM »
Thanks for the responses. A few days on things are a little better, the tinitus has eased once again. It seems to build & build, make me ill, I stop, take a few days rest, it settles and off I go again. It's very disruptive and very delibitating at times.