meniere

Author Topic: Mini Spins  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Emma

• View Profile
Mini Spins
« on: Sep 07 2013, 04:10 PM »
I'm sure I've seen on here people get these mini spins. I've started getting them, they last 30 seconds/1 minute tops, had them when I was in bed last week but I had been asleep and didn't know if I had dreamt them or they were real, then out and about with hubs today they happened again. Can't even blame the grommets this time :( I haven't been taking as many cinnarizine this last week as thought things were calming down again but better put my dose back up again :(
I don't like it when this thing throws new symptoms at us - you get used to what to expect then they change the ball game :( x
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D

NEWOSA65

Re: Mini Spins
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08 2013, 12:49 PM »
Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear that you are being messed around with this again, I know what its like and what you're going through, it really is the pits!

Do you have hearing loss at the minute? 

It may be a good idea to stay on the high dose of cinnarizine until this bout passes again as it is not considered an harmful tablet.  Also, not sure about your med history, but if you tried the odd 2.5mg bendrofluazide tablet (lowest dose) say one tablet every other day, this may well reduce the pressure and symptoms and speed up the recovery process?  They are very effective.

Just a thought and here's hoping that you make a complete recovery very soon... do you have any idea of what may have triggered this again?

Stay strong, it will improve :)

Simon

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08 2013, 03:01 PM »
Thanks simon.  My tonsils are all swollen and have been sore for a week so could be that which has triggered the Mini spins. They're just so unnerving as I've never experienced anything like them before. Might try go to gp tomorrow as need more cinnarazine anyway and will ask about the other one.  It's typical it started back the week I've started back at work after almost a year of nothing....

Offline chrissieg

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08 2013, 03:29 PM »
When I had these Emma, I realized after some months that they were probably mini anxiety/panic attacks rather than the MD itself. I think because I was always thinking about what if/ when will the next attack be and would get a sort of panic reaction for 30 seconds or so. Could that be the same with yourself?

Chrissie
Chrissieg

Offline Jenson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08 2013, 05:39 PM »
Hi Emma,

I know what you mean. At first I was getting vertigo attacks and then i started getting these mini spins instead that prompted me to go to the Doctor and get on serc. Hard to know what causes them really but I find it hard to differentiate between them being actual spins or anxiety induced fears of getting an attack. When they come just close your eyes and take a deep breath. Possibly are anxiety related since you mentioned that you just started back at work so that might be the trigger.

Offline Dizzy Hoon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09 2013, 02:03 PM »
Hi Emma

Sorry to hear about things not going so well for you at the moment.  I know we have had discussions on different threads about Cinnarizine.  When I stopped taking it I felt worse before I felt better so it might be the affects of reducing the medication?

Hope things improve soon.

Offline Emma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10 2013, 05:56 PM »
Thank you for your replies, I think this recent episode is to do with the fact my glands currently feel the size of tennis balls and it seems to be effecting both ears even though I only have one bad ear. I think the cinnarizine is definitely  helping me as I was pregnant last year and couldnt take anything this year has been much better. I am not taking them constantly just when I feel I need to and they seem to be keeping the dizzyiness at bay a bit. Hopefully I will be over this virus soon and feel better all round xx

suzygirl

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10 2013, 08:35 PM »
Hope you feel better soon Emma, and that the virus settles without causing any more problems for you.  How are you enjoying being back at work?  I get mini spins quite often when I am in bed bizarrely!  ??? 

Offline Dr Fog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12 2013, 04:18 AM »
Emma
Mini spins is sometimes a good! sign your MD is changing in it's stages so much better than the MAXI spins :'(  which way it is going is in the hands of the gods, not sure what stage your at but you could be one of the lucky one's that MD burns out. If your at an earlier stage there is a good change it will leave you alone for many years or depart forever.
But like some have posted once you have had it and felt the power it holds there is always a huge worry of it returning and in some it can be really life/family changing so all I can say is be prepared (in life) just in case xx