meniere

Author Topic: Christmas dinner - suggestions?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline ocularsinister

• View Profile
Christmas dinner - suggestions?
« on: Oct 25 2013, 05:00 PM »
OK, so its a bit early still but as this is my first Christmas on a low salt regime, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas for Christmas dinner. I'd rather not impose my diet on the rest of the family, so ideas that are suitable to cook alongside the 'main attraction' or ways of cooking a roast and leaving a corner salt free are all sort after!

Thanks!

Offline chrissieg

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas dinner - suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25 2013, 07:07 PM »
Have a salt free starter like melon so you can indulge a bit with the main course. Use herbs with the fat rather than any salt. Kallo do a very low salt stock cube which can help with gravy. Dont salt the veg as you cook them. You have from now till then to get used to that change in taste! Dont beat yourself up too much- 1 meal probably wont do any harm off the regime , just dont let it carry on for 4-5 days as that accumulation may give you problems. I will miss all the lovely cheeses which are around but will allow myself a sliver of each as I dont eat meat. And being miserable and feeling excluded can be worse than eating salt in terms of the possible effects of low morale.
Hope you still enjoy
Chrissie
Chrissieg