meniere

Author Topic: ATOS appointment timescales  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Penny1871

• View Profile
ATOS appointment timescales
« on: Jan 17 2014, 08:38 AM »
Hello,
Could anyone let me know how long after submitting their forms to ATOS they were advised of an appointment or whatever.  I submitted mine right at the beginning of November and have heard nothing since.  Is this normal?
Many thanks for your help.
Penny

Offline Ashley

• View Profile
Re: ATOS appointment timescales
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17 2014, 09:23 AM »
Hi Penny
They do take months. I submitted mine in October and, from previous experience, expect to hear this month.
All the best
Ashley

Offline Penny1871

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17 2014, 03:44 PM »
Thanks Ashley.  On that basis I should hear something towards the end of February.

Offline jojo

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18 2014, 09:52 PM »
Hello Penny

I submitted my forms in July and have not had an appointment for an assessment yet.
Apparently it could take up to a year at the moment as there is a huge backlog with Atos. I really do not think there is a set time to hear from them. Some claimants hear sooner than a year, so who knows really.

Sorry I can not be more helpful, just wanted to let you know what I have been told by a friend who actually phoned Atos to find out what was happening with her appointment.

Jojox

Offline Penny1871

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19 2014, 02:10 PM »
Thanks JoJo.  Its the first time I have submitted forms and given that I had to return them by a certain date - and they chased me for them the week before - I was expecting to hear from them quite quickly!  Obviously not the case though!! 

Offline Giddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21 2014, 06:18 PM »
Just type in "ATOS" in to the Internet - they are going!  :P That's what they get when they don't give "ATOS". ;)