Author Topic: Exams!  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Nuttyneddy

• View Profile
Exams!
« on: Jul 07 2014, 10:29 AM »
As some of you know, I am a mature student currently about to start the final year of my degree.  Meniere's disease came out of nowhere for me, shortly after the start of the last academic year, and I have been struggling to study especially for the exams at the end of May this year.

I had my results through recently, and I passed the year with an average of 76.9% so I am extremely chuffed!  It gives me some confidence to begin next year thinking I might even manage it, after the disappointment of finding out that it will not be possible (financially) to study part time.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet, but I think sometimes it is good to share stuff that we *have* managed, as well as our troubles  :)

Offline Ashley

• View Profile
Re: Exams!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07 2014, 05:27 PM »
Way to go Nutty ;)! It is amazing what can be done even in the midst of "only just coping". Really glad to hear too that you got out for a lovely bike ride. Here's to more better days than bad  ;D

Offline Nuttyneddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07 2014, 05:47 PM »
It was a horse, not a bike - way less energy expenditure! LOL  :afro:

Offline Ashley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07 2014, 05:50 PM »
D'Oh! Sorry about that, Nutty! I should have played safe and left it at "ride" ;). Either way. Great to hear!

Offline Nuttyneddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07 2014, 06:40 PM »
You have no idea how happy it makes me that I was able to do it  8)  If there is a silver lining in this disease, it is that it makes you grateful for things you might otherwise have taken for granted (I surely did in the past).

suzygirl

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07 2014, 09:11 PM »
That is great Nutty, well done :)

Offline John59

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07 2014, 11:59 PM »
That's very impressive Nutty, well done.

Is another silver lining that you don't take such things for granted and maybe got a higher mark than you might otherwise of done.

You've certainly surpassed anything I could have done with or without MD :)

Offline Nuttyneddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 08 2014, 10:12 AM »
Thanks guys  :)

I know I wasn't able to do as much revision before the exams this time as I did in previous semesters, but happily more must have sunk in during the lectures than I thought!  I'm glad the results were good though, because I was at the point of thinking **** it, I'll just try and pass the thing and stop worrying about trying to get a first.  Marks are similar to the first two years, so it's hampered me less than I thought it would.

It's a good point though John, I need to work harder to compensate and not just give in!

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20 2014, 08:50 PM »
Well done ! I'm studying with the OU and had to postpone my exam till September