Author Topic: Music Lovers  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Warren T

• View Profile
Music Lovers
« on: Jan 08 2015, 10:36 PM »
Disclaimer: I should firstly like to apologise to anyone that may find a thread about listening to music on a forum that deals with users that can suffer from hearing disorders as inappropriate. This thread is not aimed at offending anyone but for those that are able to still enjoy listening to music comfortably.

...so although you suffer with MD...Do you still manage to enjoy listening to music?!

I like a varied range of music from Classical to Dance/Club to Indie/Obscure. I tend to manage to listen to music with large cupped headphones (cans) & I have over the years abused my ears a bit with some serious Club volumes !! I cant get on with the "in-ear" headsets for mobiles & have now moved to a set of JVC cans for listening with my smart-phone.

So if you like a little bit of Ambient Dance,,,here's a nice track for you... I think the words are very fitting for many of us here ;-)

https://soundcloud.com/pbrstreetgang/soldiers-of-twilight-believe-pbr-remix-clip
Do you still enjoy music?!
" At least I now know why the world spins!"

Offline Warren T

• View Profile
Re: Music Lovers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09 2015, 12:25 AM »

Offline Nuttyneddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10 2015, 11:24 AM »
On my wishlist is a pair of mono headphones, so I can listen with just my good ear and still hear all the track rather than just half of it  :D

Offline Warren T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12 2015, 07:06 PM »
Just use stereo headphones & if you use something like a Smart phone they have options to playback as Mono ;)

http://mindovermeta.com/2010/08/listen-to-mono-music-on-your-iphone/

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/26335/is-it-possible-to-play-sound-in-mono

Windows 7 doesn't support Mono playback anymore although it used to in earlier versions.

Offline ladar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13 2015, 03:48 PM »
Hi Warren

I love listening to music but, like most of us, find it too painful because of the hyperacusis (I've stopped going to concerts because it is just too uncomfortable!) and I have to have it really quiet so lose some of the fun of listening.  However, I love the two tracks you posted especially the 'Believe' one.  I don't know what it is but, even though it has a good beat (the toes were tapping well!) it sounds nice and mellow.  In fact they are both now  shortcuts on my iPad! 

Many thanks for showing there is still some music that is 'easy' to listen to.

Linda

Offline Elaine

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 19 2015, 10:30 PM »
I still enjoy my music at home despite being deaf in one ear and with hearing loss in the other and I still get my cello out from time to time .I too have had to give up going to concerts  because the overall volume sets my attacks off :'(

Offline mothball

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09 2015, 11:44 PM »
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams......

I still listen to music and will continue to do so even when I have to put my ears right up to the speaker just to get some sweet bass 8)

Okay yes I have lost hearing but can still hear it and really enjoy it. I still go to select gigs when I am well and I book tickets in advance and hope that I am having a good day...I am prepared to take that risk but ensure that I stand against walls near exits etc. Dancing makes for amusing results though!! ;)

Not sure if you can post u tube stuff? otherwise I would have posted a track I love. I continue to cram my head with the music I love.

Take care everyone and sorry to those with Hyperacusis.