Author Topic: Disabled Persons Railcard  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Penny1871

• View Profile
Disabled Persons Railcard
« on: Jan 21 2015, 08:48 AM »
I know that this has been posted before but thought it worth raising again.  If you use hearing aids (which I now do) you are entitled to apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard. 

This currently costs 20 for a year or 54 for 3 years. 

The card entitles the holder (plus an accompanying person) to a third off most rail fares including peak times. You can also link a Disabled Persons Railcard to a London Underground Oyster Card.

There is an extensive eligibility list but for those wearing a hearing aid (or registered deaf) all you need to do is send in either a copy of the front page of your NHS battery book or a copy of
your dispensing prescription from a private hearing aid supplier.

You can either pick up the Disabled Persons Railcard leaflet at your local station or download the form at: http://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk/clientfiles/File/Disabled%20Persons%20Railcard%20application%20form%20PDF%20May%202014.pdf

So for those days when you are feeling a little less wobbly and fancy a trip out or for those that are fortunate to still be able to work and are commuting this might just save you some money! 

Of course some of you may well have other railcards already but for those of us not eligible for any of the others then this might be worth a look. 

Best wishes to you all.

Penny

Offline Emma

• View Profile
Re: Disabled Persons Railcard
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22 2015, 09:42 PM »
Thank you :) If I had any idea where my battery book info was I would be applying! However I rarely wear my hearing aid these days x
Be happy - Keep smiling :-D