Author Topic: Constant dizziness  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Stephanietee

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Constant dizziness
« on: May 17 2016, 07:09 PM »
Hello , I am a newbie to all this .

For the past month I have had constant probably relatively mild dizziness and some nausea usually in the mornings.  I feel as though I am on a boat going up and down.  So I trot off to the doctor who does the Eply manoeuvre on the basis that could be a postural disorder because I occasionally get spinning in bed.  About an hour after o got home I had the most unbelievable spell of dizziness which lasted a couple of minutes.  The doc put out some prochlerperazine for me which did help but made me so drowsy I could barely function.  I am now on cinnarazine and coping on on or two or day.  Again all I want to do in sleep.

I know that I am taking a tiny amount of stuff and overall my symptoms aren't so very bad but it is having a catastrophic affect on my life as I can't drive and don't feel like seeing anyone or doing anything, and all I want to do is sleep.

Should I go back to the doctor and ask him to do the Eply thing again because I wouldn't let him last time, and maybe I should have more faith. I am hoping that someone will give me some hope that this awfulness might go away. I fully realise that my symptoms are as nothing as to some people, but it is pretty ghastly.

Stephanietee

Offline Gatzby

• View Profile
Re: Constant dizziness
« Reply #1 on: May 18 2016, 04:43 PM »
Hi Stephanietee, Sorry to hear of your balance problem. With regard to your doctor doing the Eplait manoeuvre I think you'll find it's quite common to feel quite rough for a few days after the treatment, you should also try to keep as upright a posture as possible for 48 hours after and not swing your head round too much and if you can manage it sleep in a chair or in the most upright position possible for two nights. I have MD and BPPV and this is the advice given to me by my consultant Mr Rae.

If your symptoms carry on you really must seek further advice. I hope this helps.   
God is a figment of the imagination according to Stephen Hawking and I agree with him.

Offline Stephanietee

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Re: Constant dizziness
« Reply #2 on: May 20 2016, 12:59 PM »
Thank you Gatzby for your reply.  Of course my GP didn't give me any advice as to the things you suggested.  I will have to see him again as I am feeling absolutely dire, and don't know if it's the condition or the cure!,  I honestly don't know how on earth you must cope with both your conditions. Any tips gratefully received.

Stephanietee