Author Topic: Intermittent dull ache behind right ear + other issues.  (Read 2007 times)

Offline goddardo

• View Profile
So I ocasionally get a dull ache behind my right ear, just where my ear joins onto my head. Not constant, just now & again. It seems to come & go but is quite uncomfortable..I also have MD in my left ear & some other issues with my right ear, whereby I get a strange surging sensation/noise when I place my hand next to my ear. I dont even have to touch it. My hand can be up to 1" away & it still happens, like it's hyper sensitive.

Just wondering if any of this sounds familiar to anyone ? :)

Offline Spinner

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent dull ache behind right ear + other issues.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30 2016, 05:26 PM »
I get the ache too.

I since found out that the nerves in my next are impacted by bone growth.

Never had a chance to ask a consultant if its related. I'm not even sure they would know the answer!

Offline NEWOSA65

• View Profile
Re: Intermittent dull ache behind right ear + other issues.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30 2016, 08:36 PM »
The endolymphatic sac is in this area... I would say that the ache is probably caused by this ie., the sac enlarging with excess fluid (menieres) and making contact with the bone.  This is the aim of the saccus decompression surgery - bone is removed from around the sac to allow the sac to expand without contacting the bone and causing pressure.  I used to take ordinary paracetamol to ease the discomfort.