Author Topic: Professor Peter Rea talks about Dizziness and Balance conditions  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Gatzby

• View Profile
Many thanks for the links, very informative .
God is a figment of the imagination according to Stephen Hawking and I agree with him.

Offline chrissieg

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Excellent- all newbies should have a listen- informative, but more importantly gives you hope!

Chrissie
Chrissieg

Offline The Wobbler

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Thanks for this Spins.

An excellent resource.  As the great man says “You are in the right county if you have a balance disorder in Leicestershire”.

Agree with Chrissie.  I wish this had been available at the start of my journey.

I am left to wonder whether the Labyrinthitis diagnosis that I was given in 2005 was correct.  Too late now, but perhaps the correct diagnosis could have averted the onset of MD some five years later by which time my hearing was compromised.

Does anyone know what the injections (with a 90% improvement in vertigo after 2 years) are that he refers to at circa 05:10 in the second video?

Offline chrissieg

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
I believe Wobbler that its steroid injections but that the release and dosage is now more sophisticated and successful.

Chrissie
Chrissieg

Offline nadia

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Hi,

Is there anyone on the forum been through or at stage 2 of MD?

My mum is at stage 2 (I think from the symptoms) but she feels slight dizziness all the time. Her attacks are not as bad as what they were when she was first diagnosed but for the last 3 weeks, its constant dizziness. She's able to move around the house independently and do chores but want to know if during this stage, does the dizziness always stay or will it go away at some point and is there anyone who has had long periods of remission at stage 2.

Thanks!

Nadia