Author Topic: The winner  (Read 694 times)

Offline chrissieg

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
The winner
« on: May 17 2017, 02:09 PM »
I don't post very often these days as my symptoms are largely manageable now but thought I would share this experience and advice with you.
Don't EVER visit Mexico City airport!
The departure lounge is a long thin building about 1 kilometer in length. There are no windows or daylight. What is there is thousands of portholes about a foot apart going all along the walls in lines 6 deep and all down the ceilings in rows the entire 1 kilometer so all you can see is lines and lines of lights stretching as far as the eye can see. Then the floor is a chequerboard of black and white squares going in the opposite direction. Add to that the air con buzzing, the crackling announcements in Spanish and blaring mariachi music- an absolute nightmare for any MD sufferer. I felt extremely ill and worried I might experience an attack and not be able to board the plane. I sat , looking a complete twerp in a sun hat, sun glasses and stared rigidly at my handbag for 2 hours!

It was a great holiday though visiting my daughter who is teaching there. And for those who may worry about flying- no problems with the flights at all and BA do a low salt meal option!

Hope everyone is currently doing OK

Chrissie
Chrissieg

Offline The Wobbler

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: The winner
« Reply #1 on: May 17 2017, 06:19 PM »
Thanks for the warning Chrissie.  I recently went to NYC supposedly on Norwegian, but at the last minute they put us on with Wamos Air.  The food was a salt loverís delight, and the fat content exceeded your daily allowance with a single bite.  Avoid (whether you have MD or not).