Author Topic: Serc Betahistine in short supply??  (Read 1125 times)

Offline ladar

• View Profile
Serc Betahistine in short supply??
« on: Jun 16 2017, 12:40 PM »
Is anyone having problems with serc betahistine prescriptions?  My local pharmacy say it is in short supply and don't know when it will become available again.  I have emailed the manufacturer to see if I can get any news and also tried a different pharmacy who can (hopefully) supply me with some.  I am based in west Berkshire and don't know if this is a local problem or more widespread.

Linda

Offline Gatzby

• View Profile
Re: Serc Betahistine in short supply??
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29 2017, 11:27 AM »
Just been to pick up my supply of Betahistine so I questioned the Chemist as to the availability of it and he confirmed it is in short supply along with with some other drugs (which he didn't mention). He also added that this is quite a common occurrence with many drugs and supplies will be back to normal within a short period of time.
God is a figment of the imagination according to Stephen Hawking and I agree with him.

Offline ahammond

• View Profile
Re: Serc Betahistine in short supply??
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30 2017, 06:31 AM »
This often happens with a drug that I have to take for high blood pressure. Every few months or so there wil be a shortage of supply of either the drug itself or certain capsule sizes. I think that it just boils down to the manufacturer making the different drugs in seperate batches. So until the next batch of serc is ready for production there will be a shortage.