Author Topic: Daily Post  (Read 716 times)

Offline The Wobbler

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Daily Post
« on: Aug 12 2017, 07:41 PM »
This is a daily post to confirm that I have checked this site today.  I have nothing to add to the ongoing Meniereís conundrum, but that does not mean that I do not value this resource.

I donít do facebook or twitter (on ethical, religious and meaning of life grounds) and so would be lost without it.

Best wishes to all my fellow Meniereians.  And if you do find the cause and/or the cure please be kind enough to share (unlike that Australian wizard that frequented these humble boards once and wanted recompense for his trials and tribulations).

Farewell Elaine.  You have gone to the dark side.....

Offline Spinner

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Post
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12 2017, 10:06 PM »
I've discovered the cure, its called cycling :)

I'm not sure whether I should start charging for this information or not, given the price of beer and crisps these days it seems like a reasonable idea. I think I could undercut existing treatments substantially

I like the idea of a daily post

Elaine has done a lot for this site for which we are all grateful.

Offline dmj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14 2017, 08:55 AM »
There are new treatments being developed

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_16-11-2016-17-45-52

This may reduce the need for gentamicin injections which can leave you with more permanent balance issues.

I know of one person in the UK who has had endolymphatic duct blockage operation

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1043181016300550

Offline Gatzby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14 2017, 03:03 PM »
Very interesting dmj, I've never heard of this EDB before ,perhaps others have, so more reason to keep this site running. I would never let my medics anywhere near my ears with gentamicin, I have seen the results !!
God is a figment of the imagination according to Stephen Hawking and I agree with him.

Offline ladar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14 2017, 05:30 PM »
I was told that if vertigo attacks continued consultant would do gentacimin injections. Having read the article I would wish to discuss both options in great detail before having any sort of intervention.

This sort of information is one of the reasons the forum is so useful and another good reason not to close  it down.

Thanks to dmj for posting links.  Very informative.

Linda

Offline NEWOSA65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14 2017, 11:03 PM »
Cheers Paul for adding that about Elaine... she deserves a mention after all the hard work and time she has put in to this place over the years and of course continues to do so with her facebook group (and her group in Manchester).  She's helped me immensely despite all her ongoing ups and downs with Menieres and other medical issues.  Thanks Elaine for all your time and hard work! Simon xxx

Offline dmj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16 2017, 12:45 PM »

I know of one person in the UK who has had endolymphatic duct blockage operation

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1043181016300550

I'll see if I can get the person who has had this operation to post on the forum a bit about her op.    I had never heard of it either.   

Offline Elaine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18 2017, 06:22 PM »
Thanks guys  ;D
Not sure why farewell Wobbler - I'm still here in the background moderating a bit when needed LOL!