Author Topic: Preparation drink for colonoscopy  (Read 312 times)

Offline Sarah K

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Preparation drink for colonoscopy
« on: May 01 2018, 01:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

Not been on here for a while - I expect this has been discussed before and i seem to recall the general gist was that because the salty gunk stays in the system not very long (for obvious reasons) it doesnt cause any issues for those of us with MD - but has anyone had a colonoscopy and used Moviprep and did you have any issues with MD because of it?  I have had a colonoscopy before (family history, no problems that I am aware of) and the second one I had was after a MD diagnosis but it was in Australia and i had pills - I suspect they were the same level of sodium as they did a similar job though - I am freaking out that I will spin and make a right mess if it happens during the prep.  Any views?

I am not having big spins anymore but frequent mini spins, some worse than others, last night had 2 and felt sick after.  I have had a month free in Feb and two weeks free til yesterday.

I hope most people are doing ok.  Another question - could the mini spin development be a sign that it is "burning out"?  I have had it for at least 8 years and have poor hearing in my bad ear.

Cheers
Sarah. :)

Offline Gatzby

• View Profile
Re: Preparation drink for colonoscopy
« Reply #1 on: May 01 2018, 07:53 PM »
I've had three colonoscopys and have had to take the prep before hand each time and can safely say that I suffered no effects from the prep or the procedure other than taking that horrible prep made me gag something awful. As for anything else I'm afraid I can't help you sadly, trouble is with MD it seems to affect all sufferers in slightly different ways so I really hope for your sake it is on it's way out. One thing i will say is (and I know this is easier said then done) stop stressing and concentrate on the good parts of your life.
God is a figment of the imagination according to Stephen Hawking and I agree with him.

Offline Sarah K

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Re: Preparation drink for colonoscopy
« Reply #2 on: May 02 2018, 04:37 PM »
Thanks Gatzby,

I stress all the time and am constantly worrying when the next episode will be - so depressing. I have not been on holiday for years and avoid going too far from home. Having said that I did return from Australia to UK 2 yrs ago (stressful too) so flew long haul with no problems then.  UK weather doesnt seem to agree with me too much and I am finding it hard to get work as I live in a small town and am not driving other than locally at the moment due to mini spins and couldnt tolerate the bus due to car sickness, so I am just volunteering in a charity shop one morning a week.  I know you are talking sense, but it is difficult as people without this condition dont know how it feels as you look normal most of the time.

Cheers

Sarah