Author Topic: Termination of contract  (Read 113 times)

Offline Gildo

• View Profile
Termination of contract
« on: Mar 26 2019, 03:37 PM »
Following on from my last post "fear of job loss", well it happened. I have been told my contract will be terminated in 12 weeks. They will continue to look for a post for me for a further 2 weeks from today but if nothing becomes available then I lose my job. Im just numb right now. I have an illness that prevents me from carrying out "certain" duties and it appears that makes me unemployable. I have worked for the health service for 14 years (27 years in total with some gaps in between) and this is how I am treated. Im just in shock as to how quickly they can toss me aside in the hope of finding a newer, all singing, all dancing, perfect model to take my place  :-[

Offline Spinner

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Termination of contract
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29 2019, 09:25 PM »
Sounds unreasonable - MD does settle down typically after 6 months to 2 years

Offline Spinner

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29 2019, 09:27 PM »
this sets out some of your rights, but I guess you've read this already

https://www.gov.uk/dismissal/reasons-you-can-be-dismissed

Offline MissCheeva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04 2019, 12:21 PM »
Hi Gillian,

I am so sorry that you are heading down this route.  I can't help in terms of the employment situation, but we are always here to offer support where we can.

Thinking of you
Diana

Offline Gildo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05 2019, 06:52 PM »
Hi everyone. Sorry I'm only replying now but tbh I've been in shock and mentally exhausted thinking about what do next. HR are continuing to look for suitable jobs for me for the next few days and I am praying something becomes available so that I don't have to leave. If not then I'm done. Its hard to accept because there are so many roles within the health service i could do. So many agency staff being paid to fill vacant roles that I could be filling. In my eyes they have just got fed up with me and the uncertainty of this illness. Yes MD can stabilise but in my case it came back with a vengeance and robbed me of a good job. All I can do now is wait and accept my fate. Im not looking forward to finding a new job at 51 with an illness that very few understand.

Offline The Wobbler

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15 2019, 02:50 PM »
If a suitable position cannot be found, and I am not sure what incentive they have to do so, have they or you talked about early retirement on the grounds of ill-health?  The public sector is likely to have more generous provisions for such an eventuality.