meniere

Author Topic: Site not closing again  (Read 336 times)

Offline Spinner

• Admin
    • View Profile
Site not closing again
« on: May 09 2019, 10:34 AM »
Doh its quiet on here. Has everyone got rid of their meniere's ?

Usually when it gets this quiet we wonder whether to shut the site down, and then ask everyone, and you all say no no no keep it going.

So this time instead of asking ourselves whether to shut the site down or not, we'll just keep it going :)

If only Teresa May had spent on that money she wasted on Brexit on meniere's research.. oh well xx  8)

Offline MissCheeva

• View Profile
Re: Site not closing again
« Reply #1 on: May 09 2019, 01:18 PM »
Haha,  Yes I know what you mean.  I check in here every week and it has been very quite recently.  I am glad it isn't closing though as I do find it is a valuable resource.  I just think that there isn't many of us around so that is why it is quiet.

;D :D

Offline Gatzby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09 2019, 07:47 PM »
I use the facebook site ( as you suggested in another post) and that is really busy.
God is a figment of the imagination according to Stephen Hawking and I agree with him.

Offline milady

• Deaf, not daft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10 2019, 07:38 PM »
I go away for a couple of days and you all (well, a couple of you) wake up! I may not log in every day but I do look to see if there are any new posts. Please carry on. I'm not a facebook member (and have no desire to be).

If only Teresa May had spent on that money she wasted on Brexit on meniere's research.. oh well xx  8)

Quite! And not only TM. If there's a second referendum, can that be on the ballot paper? ;)

Offline ladar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12 2019, 09:57 AM »
I too have thought that the site is a bit quiet at the moment.   Like others  I have no inclination to start using Facebook and therefore would not like to see this site close down as it is a very useful source of information for me but by the same token it would be great if we all didnít need to use it.    Also it helps me knowing that I am not alone having to deal with this disease and there is support out there when  I need it.   That sounds awfully selfish but Iím sure everyone knows what I mean.

So thanks for keeping it going.

Linda

Offline ahammond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13 2019, 05:33 AM »
Like others I look at the site on a daily basis although I do not always actually log in. I have been symptom free now for a few years apart from the occasional stiff neck/ wooly head/ general yuckiness. ( Says he tempting fate) But I still find it reassuring to check in and even sometimes offer advice or opinion when I feel qualified or experienced enough to do so.

I do have a Facebook account but have not checked out the Meniers threads on it. I use it mainly to keep in contact with some old army colleagues and my original home town of Amesbury 

Offline MissCheeva

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14 2019, 03:41 PM »
Yep I don't use Facebook either and don't want to.  Long Live MDUK (until they find a cure that is )   ;D ;D

Offline Gatzby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18 2019, 08:08 AM »
Facebook is fine providing you just keep it to friends and or groups that you want, such as menieres uk
God is a figment of the imagination according to Stephen Hawking and I agree with him.